Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Online Booking Process & Seat Selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Seat Selection:
At what point in the online booking process do you get to select seats? I get as far as entering credit card info (after entering passport info) before I chicken out of clicking on "Confirm".

My wife and I are traveling together in PE on a 15.5 hr flight. Our travel dates are flexible and due to reduced number of PE seats we are willing to change our date so we can get the seats we want. I don't want to commit to a certain flight only to find out we can't get the seats we want.

Is there a final "Pay" or "Confirm" button you click after seat selection or is seat selection only available after you've committed to the purchase?

TIA

Last edited by botmark; Jan 16, 2018 at 12:19 pm
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Hi Botmark, left you a private message.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Thai
IF they won't let you pick seats until after you've purchased, you can always check seat availability on the Expert Flyer website. Just use the "Seat Alert" function to see what seats are available. I've used it many times for airlines that won't show seat availability during the purchase.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

@Cameron38, thanks for the hint. I'll certainly have to give that website a try.
@foppishbum, thanks to you too for your assistance via PM.

While awaiting replies here I also called Eva about their booking process. You must first purchase your tickets and after having received your confirmation code you can then go into "Manage Your Trip" to select your seats so you must commit to the purchase before seeing seat availability. It would seem that different airlines do it differently.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Should I buy as early as possible or wait as close to the proposed date to buy the PE ticket? I have seen online that they do drop the price closer to the dates if the aircraft is not full. I am flexible with the dates.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by dav662
Should I buy as early as possible or wait as close to the proposed date to buy the PE ticket? I have seen online that they do drop the price closer to the dates if the aircraft is not full. I am flexible with the dates.
What month is this? They can extremely expensive close to departure too.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
What month is this? They can extremely expensive close to departure too.
In mid March from Toronto to Manila and back in late April. Yes it is about 11200 for PE and 860 for EC but I saw online that it is better to buy PE as late as possible but I am also worried that it may go up. Normally airfares go up as it gets closer to the date but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of buying in PE and noticed anything like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by dav662
In mid March from Toronto to Manila and back in late April. Yes it is about 11200 for PE and 860 for EC but I saw online that it is better to buy PE as late as possible but I am also worried that it may go up. Normally airfares go up as it gets closer to the date but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of buying in PE and noticed anything like this.
Never experienced it going down as it got closer to DofD lol...the closer you get, the more corporate and business travelers buy tickets.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Never experienced it going down as it got closer to DofD lol...the closer you get, the more corporate and business travelers buy tickets.
Yes thats my experience of it too but with some airlines it may be the other way by trying to fill it up. I will buy it this month then.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Last year noticed that EVA had changed the seat selection to post purchase (PE). On that flight no paired widow seats, so used 24 hour cancellation and rebooked another day. Took about a week to get credit processed.

This year purchased PE tickets no seating problems. A week later noticed that one segment Taipei to Bangkok was not PE (EVA AirBus planes do not have PE). I was aware of this and always checked for this problem, got a little careless. There is no fare difference, you have to inspect the flight class on each segments of the ticket. I wish EVA would flag during the ticket purchase that all segments were not same class. Had to pay the change fee on all tickets to correct this problem, called EVA.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: Thai
You have to really pay attention when booking from US to BKK. They don't flag the fact that the flights from TPE to BKK on A330 have no PE. You only find out when after you purchase and pick your seats. I did that last year and the flight on the A330 was so cramped and uncomfortable that I paid the rebooking fee for my flight back to change to a BKK-TPE flight that had PE.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:00 am

You always need to check the side bar when you select. It will list the various fare classes and cabin classes. Otherwise, you will be on the hook for the change fee if you don't want Eco.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:22 pm

Yes they got me on the TPE MNL sector too. They have the 2-4-2 section front of the aircraft and I bought it today for a trip in mid March and they told me that the front section is full and only the 3-4-3 section is available. I managed to get a seat in the 2-4-2 section for the return to TPE in end April.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Cameron38
You have to really pay attention when booking from US to BKK. They don't flag the fact that the flights from TPE to BKK on A330 have no PE. You only find out when after you purchase and pick your seats. I did that last year and the flight on the A330 was so cramped and uncomfortable that I paid the rebooking fee for my flight back to change to a BKK-TPE flight that had PE.
I did not notice the seat selection map opened up at the wing section and the seating configuration was 2-4-2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.