Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

My first and definitely not last flight in EVA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC

My wife and i were celebrating our 25th Anniv, I took here to Singapore, as she has never been and it is one of my favorite cities

Original plans were CHS-ORD-TPE-SIN on EVA (CHS-ORD obviously on UA) SIN-ICN-JFK - EWR-CHS on Asiana (Later swapped to SIN-PEK-EWR-CHS on Air China due to schedule change on OZ

Finally got to ORD and was taking bus to T5 as the Plane pulled up to gate (We didn't know until about 6 weeks before what a HK flight was, nor that we were actually on one)

Plane was nice, seats were very nice (certainly better than United) and off we went. Food was Awesome, service was impeccable.
I woke up roughly half way thru the flight and went to mid cabin to get another bottle of water and as I pulled back the curtain a FA was sitting in the jump seat taking a selfie, I smiled and photobombed her (I was hoping I didn't do anything that would upset her) by the time she notice the other 5 FA's were rolling with laughter and she was somewhat embarrassed but I assured here I was having fun and she should as well. 20 sec later she was laughing. Before returning to my seat i was invited to participate in a "Video" with the FA's. They also talked me into a burger (Again, awesome food) They wouldn't let me carry it, they insisted I return to my seat and they brought it, along with a placemat, napkin etc. While I was eating my wife woke up and I explained what happened and she giggled knowing I was being "Me" I finished eating and we both got up to go back and see what this "Video" was about. 30 seconds later they had her talked into it. We took it and my wife exchanged Facebook info with one of the FA's.
fast forward to about 3 hours before landing - Breakfast smells were emanating thru the cabin and one guy who we kinda took under our wing as he was alone and traveling to SIN for the first time, exited the bathroom and collapsed. My wife (RN) rushed to him and got him to his seat and started assesing him and got him cooled down with a moist towel and got some water in him (Most likely dehydration and motion sick combined did him in) The FA's were very grateful and said thanks about 500000 times. Upon leaving the plane they gave my wife a HK bag filled with snacks, cards and several other HK items.

The minute we got thru transfer desk in TPE I was instructed to look for ways to change the return flight to EVA air. Which eventually happened 25 hours prior to leaving SIN and we returned on EVA, although no video, we had excellent service and were absolutely ecstatic about the great food and service we received on all 4 flights. (PJ's could be more "Western" sized though)

Here is the video: Well, it is a Facebook video and for the life of me I can't get it to post, so until then, just assume there is a cute video of the FA's and my wife and i doing a dance in the mid cabin galley

Last edited by Hipplewm; Dec 18, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

The FAs love to take those little videos and selfies with each other+pax, as evidenced on Instagram!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Welcome to the EVA fan club! Sounds like you had a great trip. Congrats on your 25th anniversary.

EVA is rapidly becoming my "go-to" airline. With the degradation of United's 1K value, and the awesome service and value of BR....
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Sounds like a great trip with especially good quality crew.

When you say HK what do you mean? I'm guessing it's the amenity kit company?

It's not surprising but is surprising how many times people get dehydrated on long flights. On long haul flights I always ask for extra bottles of water as I drink a lot... of water regularly. QR was really good and on a few LH flights they gave me a liter bottle of water.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
When you say HK what do you mean? I'm guessing it's the amenity kit company?
Hello Kitty, which flies out ex-ORD
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Ah, thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Hello Kitty, which flies out ex-ORD
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
I will be taking my first EVA Air flight in March. Shopping around for an airline to Asia that I will give my loyalty to.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Thai
I've been flying to Asia on EVA since 2001. Always my first choice airline if possible.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I am planning to take their 777 in premium economy from Toronto to Manila. Anyone has any experience of their premium economy on the long haul?
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.