Wiki Posts
Search

RT - Mixed Fare Class EVA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:07 am
Original Poster

RT - Mixed Fare Class EVA

Hello,

Just playing around with some ideas and had some questions hopefully someone here can shed some light on.

I was wondering whether anyone knows if EVA allows mixed fare class for different segments? What I'm trying to do is book outbound leg in B, and inbound leg in H.

This way would enable me to possibly request an upgrade on my outbound leg using *A points and save some cash on the ticket itself (I'm not interested in upgrading the inbound leg).

I usually fly with AC and I know that even for INTL itineraries they allow you to pick different fare classes for each leg (ie. Latitude on one leg and flex on the other).

Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I think they do allow it, try a dummy booking or go through a TA.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Need to go through TA as far as I know.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The new mobile booking experience might be able to do this. I was playing with it on my iPhone and noticed that RT itineraries are now presented one segment at a time, each segment with its own price, which shows as "from $xxx".
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tai4de2
The new mobile booking experience might be able to do this. I was playing with it on my iPhone and noticed that RT itineraries are now presented one segment at a time, each segment with its own price, which shows as "from $xxx".
But what I noticed is that if the first segment you chose one fare type, it automatically assigns the same fare type for the return. I guess I have to try the app and see how different it is from the online option.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
But what I noticed is that if the first segment you chose one fare type, it automatically assigns the same fare type for the return. I guess I have to try the app and see how different it is from the online option.
I just tried the app.

The inbound segment fare type is always at least equal to or higher than the outbound segment. Strangely though, this restriction doesn't seem to apply the other way around.

It was a nice suggestion though. I guess I'll have to talk to my TA and see if they can doing anything.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:11 pm

If you call EVA, will they be able to book mixed fares for you?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by erics2356
If you call EVA, will they be able to book mixed fares for you?
No. The ticketing people will tell you they can't. Its easier to just go through a travel agent. They can do it but the airline itself can't. Or you can also just book two itineraries and "merge" the two into one, they do that for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.