Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air online seat selection - airport control almost two weeks out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air online seat selection - airport control almost two weeks out?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
Thanks for all who responded to my post. I thought I'd come back and post an update for future reference.

I did end up calling BR reservations and explaining my situation but they also saw the same thing I saw, which was that all seats were taken and there was no way to swap. I told them to put a note in my reservation that we would like to be seated together if at all possible, which the agent said she did.

When I went and checked on the reservation with around thirty hours before departure, I was able to access the seat map and saw that were a lot more open seats. Of course, we switched to an arrangement where we are seated next to each other.

I'll check around the same mark prior to the return segments. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
I have been flying EVA Elite for over 13 years straight. I have no status, because I fly to Asia once a year (but stay for 3 months). I make my reservations 3 to 4 months prior to departure. I always find that almost all of the most desirable seats blocked. I find this situation very irritating.

The seating selection option used to be available prior to passage payment. If I did not like the seating available I simply changed dates prior to completion of the reservation process.

This last trip, making reservations 3 months in advance the seat selection option was not available until the passage transaction was completed and paid for. To my dismay I found when trying to make my seat selection for 3 (paid passage) there were no 3 seats together. This was unacceptable, I immediately canceled the reservation (within 24 hours) and made a new one for another date. It took over a week to see the refund.

With EVA's seating blocking I hope this trial/error method of finding seats together does not become common place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.