Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air recieves Skytrax 5 Star Airline Designation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air recieves Skytrax 5 Star Airline Designation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ycc777
Are you messing up CI with CA? I'm not a picky eater but my experience with CA J food had been horrible.
Nope. Both times I flew CA J longhaul they had decent Cod Fish which was impressive coming out of the US. Domestically whether you fly F or J they will give you the nasty chicken w/ rice.

JL is great and I'm a fan on their long distance new planes but until they decide to upgrade those ancient inta-Asia regional seats, they don't deserve to be on top. I mean come on, i couldn't even see what the monitor shows on J seats.
Intra Asia is garbage yes.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
Think about this for a moment, EVA is put on the same level as Singapore and Cathay.

Let us know after you thought it out thoroughly and carefully if they belong in the same category.
Do people actually believe Skytrax ratings?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I disagree.

BR J > NH F even for today's standard.
Are you sure? From my experiences with NH I don't even think BR J is better than NH J, let alone F.

JL is great and I'm a fan on their long distance new planes but until they decide to upgrade those ancient inta-Asia regional seats, they don't deserve to be on top. I mean come on, i couldn't even see what the monitor shows on J seats.
I should be glad they are switching to new se
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA CX DL KE OZ*G PR QF QR; SPG IHG MR HH
Originally Posted by maortega15
Think about this for a moment, EVA is put on the same level as Singapore and Cathay.

Let us know after you thought it out thoroughly and carefully if they belong in the same category.
Just tried BR, and in a lot of ways, it's comparable to OZ, so if OZ is rated 5 stars, then so does BR. I do wonder why KE is not rated 5 stars as I much prefer KE in comparison to CX, SQ, BR or OZ. My primary complaint nowadays with CX is its catering. Food in Y is just so bad. CX also stopped giving activity packs to kids while KE, OZ and BR still give them to their child passengers. SQ is nice, but their prices tend to be very high with very little mileage to partner airlines. SQ also tends to give a lot more routes to SilkAir which definitely does not rank 5* either and is not even part of the Star Alliance.

While I haven't tried HU, the biggest Skytrax mystery to me is how KE and CZ are ranked the same.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:35 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
I never take Skytrax rating seriously but I don't have a problem BR being awarded 5 stars. As a Taipei native, I've always had ambivalent feelings towards BR.

My only thought is that BR has been expanding too rapidly in recent years and its training on younger staff can't catch up. I have personally experienced hugely diverging services on the same flight from a senior purser and an inexperienced staff. My only advice would be please be consistent, and don't let inexperienced FAs ruin your reputation on premium products, if they really do care.

One other thing I have to say though is I really like BR Y. In fact they are one of the best imo, better than SQ, NH or LH. FAs on BR Y are surprisingly more friendly than their J peers, and somehow their lavatories are always so clean (even cleaner than NH and LH J in my limited number of sample experiences).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:14 pm

One thing that is consistent at Skytrax is the fact that Air Koryo can't shake that 1* rating.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:33 am
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Talking

Originally Posted by EVA777
One thing that is consistent at Skytrax is the fact that Air Koryo can't shake that 1* rating.
Despite their recent improvements on products and services. Skytrax should really give them some credits.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-worst-airline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.