Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Rimowa Amenity Kit & Champagne Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage
personally don't think a georg jensen is a downgrade (just personal opinion), but I agree if there's any service change, they should be open about it..
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I am fine (in fact, very happy) with the new kit. I have too many Rimowas anyway, and they are inordinately bulky.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Ex-TPE is still Rimowa.
are they back to the dark green color?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BuBu4
are they back to the dark green color?
No, still white.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: VIrgin, Qantas, Etihad, Emirates
Georg Jensen Amenity kit

Just got my Georg Jensen Amenity kit and Im so happy! What a stunning bag! Such a great move on from the Rimowa bag which has been on too long and too bulky! 3-Lab is an amazing skin care brand and GJ is an incredible designer!
Thanks EVA! Great choice!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:52 am

There will be a new blue-iced rimowa, replacing the current.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by skyplane
I would totally be looking forward to this! I'm not a Rimowa fan but I really like these kits - stands out from all the other amenity bags that I get from other airlines.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:06 am

BR has quietly updated its website to list a RL amenity as "Exclusive Amenity Kit", changed from "RIMOWA Amenity Kit", and has removed all mentions of Rimowa from the descriptions. The photo has also been changed to both Rimowa and Georg Jensen, looks like the Georg Jensen is a 3 piece bag.

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/flyi...-laurel-class/
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by EcclesN
Just got my Georg Jensen Amenity kit and Im so happy! What a stunning bag! Such a great move on from the Rimowa bag which has been on too long and too bulky! 3-Lab is an amazing skin care brand and GJ is an incredible designer!
Thanks EVA! Great choice!
Do you work for BR, Georg Jensen, or 3Lab? Anyway, welcome to FT.
petey2428, Kacee, Dave510 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by gengar; Apr 30, 2018 at 4:24 pm
Old May 1, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by skyplane
Both TG and NH had iced blue Rimowa prior
Old May 1, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Do you work for BR, Georg Jensen, or 3Lab? Anyway, welcome to FT.
Got my first Georg Jensen last night. Although the amenities are lackluster(the toothbrush is the worst...though the ones they put in the restroom make up for that), the bag is actually quite practical. It definitely fits way more things then the Rimowa(though it is so big...maybe too big). It seems they even dropped Colgate toothpaste for 3LAB toothpaste(perhaps contract?). I didn't try any of the 3LAB products; however, the woman across the aisle said they were quite nice so I guess they aren't bad, though they are mall-sample size.

On a side note, the CP told me that this bag barely saves them any money(difference is less than NT30 or USD1/bag). Only reason they decided to scale back Rimowa was because they could not agree on a price with Rimowa. Rimowa would not accept staying on the same price as they currently are at.

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 1, 2018 at 11:49 am
Old May 2, 2018, 11:50 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
I feel ultimately replacing Rimowa with something new is not a bad idea, especially for the very very frequent BR flyers, they can probably build a Rimowa towers given it has been around for so many years.

I really wish they could give Darlie toothpaste though. It's a Taiwanese favorite and also well-known in neighboring Asian countries (hear it's a must-buy for Korean visitors to Taiwan).
hayzel7773 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:31 am

I don't think that would sit well with the American customers
Old May 4, 2018, 11:31 am

BR officially announced the change to Georg Jensen and a new "California Blue" colored Rimowa kit.

For the Georg Jensen(For Flights returning to TPE):
It was designed so that you could use it to store travel accessories and your passport etc. It will feature 3LAB products, a WhiteGlo(Australian Company) hygiene set, and a specially designed glass cleaning cloth from Georg Jensen.

For the Rimowa Kit(Flights departing TPE):
It will be "California blue" and will feature CLARINS toiletries, a Colgate Dental Hygiene kit, and different color socks/eyemask/comb. BR terminated Melvita's contract back in January.

Eva Air Introduces New Royal Laurel Class Overnight Kits - EVA Air | Global

Now that they have officially announced the change, call center and frontline staff are able to confirm the change and not lie through their teeth. Just 1 month late!

Last edited by hayzel7773; May 4, 2018 at 11:41 am
Old May 4, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
BR officially announced the change to Georg Jensen and a new "California Blue" colored Rimowa kit.

For the Georg Jensen(For Flights returning to TPE):
It was designed so that you could use it to store travel accessories and your passport etc. It will feature 3LAB products, a WhiteGlo(Australian Company) hygiene set, and a specially designed glass cleaning cloth from Georg Jensen.

For the Rimowa Kit(Flights departing TPE):
It will be "California blue" and will feature CLARINS toiletries, a Colgate Dental Hygiene kit, and different color socks/eyemask/comb. BR terminated Melvita's contract back in January.

Eva Air Introduces New Royal Laurel Class Overnight Kits - EVA Air Global

Now that they have officially announced the change, call center and frontline staff are able to confirm the change and not lie through their teeth. Just 1 month late!
oh man. i want! *waits for ebay*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.