Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Can miles from Eva upgraded ticket be credited to other airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

We are going to book a B class ticket on Eva air and try to upgrade to a Z class ticket. I typically credit star alliance flight to either United or Asiana mileage accounts. But then I saw the following on Eva's website:

Mileage accrual with cabin class upgrade(Booking Z/U class code)
The mileage record with cabin class upgrade is based on the purchased fare class and can be credited to the Infinity MileageLands membership account only. It is not applied to transfer to other partner airlines.

Does this mean that I will not be able to credit the miles to either United or Asiana?

Is it true? Did anyone experienced this? Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by chichi77; Dec 4, 2015 at 11:47 am
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:43 am

You will receive mileage credit based on the B fare (even though you upgraded to Z) to UA or OZ.

When booking the B fare (and then flying under Z) I include my UA information and have never had a problem receiving the mileage due for a B fare in my UA account.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Hi grant2112,

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear that.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that rule applies to IML members but not other airlines. Sure way to lock people in
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by grant2112
You will receive mileage credit based on the B fare (even though you upgraded to Z) to UA or OZ.

When booking the B fare (and then flying under Z) I include my UA information and have never had a problem receiving the mileage due for a B fare in my UA account.
My issue is the outbound (booked in B but upgraded to Z) has not posted to my UA account after a month. The return flight (upgrade didn't clear) posted just fine. United has said it's something with EVA. Has anyone had the same happen?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: NH
Booked H classes and credited to NH. Upgraded inbound to U with BR IML mileage. Outbound was registered promptly to NH. Inbound was registered to BR. I was told BR can not modify this mileage accrual. Just in case someone would need this piece of information in the future, and is confused as I was.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thekaica
My issue is the outbound (booked in B but upgraded to Z) has not posted to my UA account after a month. The return flight (upgrade didn't clear) posted just fine. United has said it's something with EVA. Has anyone had the same happen?
I have the same question now. Did your miles ever post? And did you use UA miles for the upgrade? I just booked an itinerary for next month in B, both legs upgraded to Z using UA miles and am wondering what will happen.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by darren8221
Booked H classes and credited to NH. Upgraded inbound to U with BR IML mileage. Outbound was registered promptly to NH. Inbound was registered to BR. I was told BR can not modify this mileage accrual. Just in case someone would need this piece of information in the future, and is confused as I was.
You should contact BR and file a missing miles claim form. They have a department that specializes in processing these claims; you just need to provide the boarding pass (or bag tag if you don't have BP), your FF# and program, and a copy of your passport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.