Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Swapping seats midflight on EVA Air - Is this allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 6:12 am
Original Poster

I'm going to use miles to upgrade from Elite to Royal Laurel on EVA on the SFO-TPE route. My girlfriend will have an Economy ticket. We'd like to swap seats mid-flight. Does anyone here have experience doing this on EVA?

I know they're a bunch of threads on this topic, but whether this is tolerated seems to be airline specific. I can't find anything about anyone doing this on Eva. My experience with Taiwanese customer service seems to suggest though that this would be at least tolerated....as long as we didn't ask for permission ahead of time.
Old May 5, 2015, 3:21 pm

I think it depends on the J cabin FA or SD
If you do it quietly, ask politely, they shouldn't have issue

When I flew back in 2013 TPE-YYZ (upgraded 1 seat to J), my wife and daughter visited me from Y and later swapped with me (I go to Y), no issues from FA
Old May 5, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Agree with jerry, just ask nicely that your "wife" needs to sleep and can you swap.

Of course do not play games with grabbing extra C benis via this move.

In general the Asian culture is that as long as you stay polite and keep asking, they will tend to give in to reasonable requests.. I would assume therefore that this switch would fly on most Asian airlines.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Should not be a problem.

On BR, I do this quite often (with friends, girlfriends, ex-fiances, etc). Sometimes I just change during the meals or just for part of the flight. I usually tell the CP (or CPs on BR31/32) right when I get on the plane that I will do this. They've always been very accommodating and treat both of us very well. They've even ask me to hang in the front galley and drink champagne while my seat was occupied!
Old May 6, 2015, 12:43 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
My wife had no problems swapping her J seat with her nephew's PE seat on a recent LAX-TPE flight. They did it close to end of the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.