Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA to Thai/BangkokAir Interlining or OLCI?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Platinum

I am flying on EVA into BKK on one ticket, but I would like to immediately fly over to Myanmar on Thai (1h50 layover) or BangkokAir (2h25 layover).

Which option would be better and safer since the price is relatively the same? Also, what is the best way to check-in? Or do I check-in at the BKK transfer desk? Is 1h50 enough time for MCT when travelling on 2 separate tickets?

Thai (TG) advantage:
  • *G lounge access during layover
  • A few points on UA or AC. (actually 4cpm on price difference!)

BangkokAir (PG) advantage:
  • I hear that PG is very nice and "boutique"
  • PG is $30 cheaper
Old Apr 15, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Platinum
Originally Posted by bt_yyz
Thai (TG) advantage:
  • A few points on UA or AC. (actually 4cpm on price difference!)
Misspoke. No points for International TG V-class.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
One issue is that PG has very little I-I transfer business, thus they are likely very limited in resources at the transfer desk. I have flown them, but only I-D or simple non connecting flights, so do not know.

I do kind of like their (PG) flights though. And $30 for 30 minutes lounge access via Thai is a non starter.

What about backup flights? If that flight misses, does either have another flight later in the day? That would be my decision maker. In the absense of such, I would take the longer connection to be safe.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:12 pm

I make that trip about once every two months. One ticket with EVA to Bangkok from Heathrow and another separate one with Bangkok Air to Yangon.

EVA checkin at Heathrow will check you through to Yangon and so you can make the fairly tight connection.

I have not had an issue with bags transfer, so I do this every time.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
EVA has interline agreements with PG and TG. I have used both when connecting from BKK to upcountry or south. The PG "lounge" in BKK is nothing special. Just a big holding pen with access to coffee and tea, and a very slow wifi connection. AT least one can have access to those infamous tuna sandwiches in the TG lounge.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by pactum
I make that trip about once every two months. One ticket with EVA to Bangkok from Heathrow and another separate one with Bangkok Air to Yangon.

EVA checkin at Heathrow will check you through to Yangon and so you can make the fairly tight connection.

I have not had an issue with bags transfer, so I do this every time.
On a handful of occasions I've interlined OAL-> PG on separate tix and while it's always been taken care of at checkin PG has told me each and every time that they don't have my bags. At least 3 occasions this has been on an Int-Int connection but once it was a TG-PG Dom-Dom cxn.

Each and every time my bags have indeed flown though... I know it sounds odd.

If you're on a single itin you won't have the problems but I'd still recommend asking in BKK.

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
EVA has interline agreements with PG and TG. I have used both when connecting from BKK to upcountry or south. The PG "lounge" in BKK is nothing special. Just a big holding pen with access to coffee and tea, and a very slow wifi connection. AT least one can have access to those infamous tuna sandwiches in the TG lounge.
You're talking about the Dom PG lounge while OP is making an Int connection.

I don't know much about the PG lounges for the Y pax because, as a PG Premier, I haven't been inside those sections in years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.