Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air: Looking for some advice from YVR

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
EVA Air: Looking for some advice from YVR

EVA FFs:

I'm considering flying BR this coming December YVR-TPE-CGK. Those who have experience this route, or even experience with EVA can you help answer a few questions I have?

- Appears they use the 744 for the YVR-TPE route. It appear to have pretty comfortable 33-36" pitch in Economy (according to SeatGuru) is this correct?

- Is Elite class (or whatever their PE is called) worth the extra money?

- If I stick with economy class, what is the best seats? According to SeatGuru row 85 on the upper deck seems pretty nice. Is there an extra charge for these seats?

- Stopovers in TPE: are they permitted and for how long?

- Finally, why is there no EVA Air dedicated board?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks,

CBB
Old May 8, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I have flown this route in reverse from TPE-YVR, but in Business. It is an older plane, so don't expect the newest cabin. From what I could see the economy class is perfectly acceptable with decent pitch. Upper deck would definitely be the best choice, as I believe they don't allow infants or children up there. No extra charge, but usually reserved for status members first.

As for the upgrade to Elite, it would of course depend on how much they want. Its nice to get one of the pair seats on the sides so you can only have one seatmate max, but the food is only marginally better. If you're a good sleeper on planes I would say its not worth it.

Always wondered about why there was no EVA board myself. A lot of smaller airlines have their own boards.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Thanks hlee628

Anyone else have some thoughts on EVA ex-YVR? (Trying to keep this thread somewhat alive)
Old May 10, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Thanks hlee628

Anyone else have some thoughts on EVA ex-YVR? (Trying to keep this thread somewhat alive)
I've booked Elite class YVR-TPE in October. The premium was only $250 over economy, which seemed well worth it to me. For a flight that departs in the middle of the night, the food on board is not that important to me.

I'll post more details after I return, but I'm quite looking forward to this flight.
Old May 10, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
In terms of 744, the elite class seat is bigger and more recline. But entertainment is rather poor even with the PTV (not on demand).

For $200 difference, i think its worth it. More than that, i will pass.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
I would expect that with the densification and crappy J product now being offered by Air Canada on a great many routes, to to mention those routes that are now served by Rouge, Eva will see a good bump in ex YYZ and YVR traffic. Let's push for a dedicated Eva board! How do we do it? Mods?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.