Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet affected by aircraft scheduling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Unhappy EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet affected by aircraft scheduling

Anyone has any experience on this?

"Due to aircraft scheduling, Hello Kitty Jet aircraft will not be used. However, inflight Hello Kitty service items and Hello Kitty meals will be offered."

Is it the normal EVA Air plane BUT loaded with Hello Kitty amenities (everything including headrest covers, paper napkins, paper cups, cutlery, infant feeding bottles, rice cookies, and toiletries) and meals?

Thanks for sharing!!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vsepr

"Due to aircraft scheduling, Hello Kitty Jet aircraft will not be used. However, inflight Hello Kitty service items and Hello Kitty meals will be offered."

Is it the normal EVA Air plane BUT loaded with Hello Kitty amenities (everything including headrest covers, paper napkins, paper cups, cutlery, infant feeding bottles, rice cookies, and toiletries) and meals?

Thanks for sharing!!
This has happened regularly, with notice, since the beginning. Sometimes it is a plain plane with Kitty inside. Other times, there is no kitty at all: http://www.evaair.com/en-global/flig...n/travel-news/
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
To see the full panoply of possibilities, see http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/...s-eva-air.html
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
So since this is FlyerTalk...... what compensation should a passenger demand if they are involuntarily denied Hello Kitty.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
holy, i know i shouldn't be... but still, i'm quite shock that something like this exists

but yeah, i guess this made my (until now quite sad) day
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
So since this is FlyerTalk...... what compensation should a passenger demand if they are involuntarily denied Hello Kitty.
What if they are involuntarily scheduled Hello Kitty?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 3:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Globex
One could say those passengers will automatically be awarded... kitty litter!
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globex
Then Kitty is only on the outside and cabin decoration. Nothing else - no Kitty food (I mean Kitty in your food ), no Kitty Kiosk, no Kitty boarding pass, no Kitty baggage tag...

You see how Kitty makes us happy just talking about her
Old Mar 27, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
I did get something similar earlier this month HKG-TPE on BR856, was a scheduled non-kitty flight but they brought in the Apple liveried one. Thing was the interior was basically the normal EVA stuff and the only kitty things inside was the mosaic artwork at the front of the business class cabin and the safety cards. Wouldn't it have been easier to keep the kitty items stocked instead of replacing them just for a short flight?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
One could say those passengers will automatically be awarded... kitty litter!
.........You let the cat out of the bag.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calcjr23
Wouldn't it have been easier to keep the kitty items stocked instead of replacing them just for a short flight?
It is at least 2 flights the plane was replacing - TPE-HKG/HKG-TPE. I can think of many reasons that they are doing this:

1 - royalties for using Kitty stuff
2 - extra cost of the Kitty stuff
3 - other than the pillows, headrest cover, bathroom stuff, I think everything else (playing cards, meal stuff) are catered
4 - many passengers probably took all the other stuff (pillows, toilet paper) home from the previous flight anyway
5 - labor is cheaper than the cost of #1 and #2
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: IHG Gold

Thanks for sharing!!
Yes, I have- Took 4 trips NRT-TPE-HKG (and back)

On the way to HKG I was supposed to be on the same Hello Kitty (Speedpuff) plane for both segments. However, they substituted a 777 with Royal Laurel on the NRT-TPE segment, so I ended up with a better business class of seat. The service was all Hello Kitty style, the only difference was no Hello Kitty logos on outside of plane. All the service items you mention were Hello Kitty in style.
The 2nd segment TPE to HGK was the standard Hello Kitty plane with full HK service.

On the way back, I was supposed to fly on an MD-90, but instead of that they put Hello Kitty Loves apples on that route, which was unexpected, but appreciated. However, the service was regular style.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:48 pm

Did anyone try the Hello Kitty Child Meal?
My gal friend wants one & is it only allow being order for kids? We're in Y only fr TPE to HKG.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mapleg
Yes, I have- Took 4 trips NRT-TPE-HKG (and back)

On the way to HKG I was supposed to be on the same Hello Kitty (Speedpuff) plane for both segments. However, they substituted a 777 with Royal Laurel on the NRT-TPE segment, so I ended up with a better business class of seat. The service was all Hello Kitty style, the only difference was no Hello Kitty logos on outside of plane. All the service items you mention were Hello Kitty in style.
The 2nd segment TPE to HGK was the standard Hello Kitty plane with full HK service.

On the way back, I was supposed to fly on an MD-90, but instead of that they put Hello Kitty Loves apples on that route, which was unexpected, but appreciated. However, the service was regular style.
Thanks for your reply!!

My BR160, Premium Laurel Class, on 13 May is affected by flight scheduling.
http://www.evaair.com/en-us/flight-i...e.html?filter=
3/20 (2014)

Taipei(Taoyuan)-Seoul(Incheon)

BR160/159

5/12-5/21

Due to aircraft scheduling, Hello Kitty Jet aircraft will not be used. However, inflight Hello Kitty service items and Hello Kitty meals will be offered.

So I guess its the normal EVA Air A330-200 plane, but can use the Hello Kitty Self-check-in kiosk at TPE, plus all the Hello Kitty amenities like pillows, menu, ice-cream, playing cards, postcards, cultery all have, just that the safety card and plane is normal EVA Air plane. Hello Kitty amenities more important than the plane. Cos amenities can take home, plane can take pics only..cannot take home. Will upload my plane pics after the trip and share the photos link after I get back in May 2014.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: QF WP
Due to aircraft scheduling, Hello Kitty Jet aircraft will not be used.
Personally speaking, I would call this an op-up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.