Search

EVA Taoyuan Arrival Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:35 pm
evq
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
EVA Taoyuan Arrival Lounge

I will be arriving in TPE via YVR as a EVA Diamond. I was wondering if there is anyway that I can take a shower upon arrival in TPE.

When I arrive in TPE, can I simply walk back thru the transfer area to get back to the departures lounge? if not, are there any pay-per-use showers in the arrivals area?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: QF GO
I don't think EVA has an arrival lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: BR GOLD UA GOLD CX SILVER
Originally Posted by evq
I will be arriving in TPE via YVR as a EVA Diamond. I was wondering if there is anyway that I can take a shower upon arrival in TPE.

When I arrive in TPE, can I simply walk back thru the transfer area to get back to the departures lounge? if not, are there any pay-per-use showers in the arrivals area?
You can walk up to departure floor only if you have transit boarding pass. I know EVA and another premium lounge ( www.moregroup.com.tw ) do offer shower room at terminal 2. Not sure if Singapore air have this service or not.

But they all locate at departure level. I am sure no arrival lounge at T2.

There is a Novotel hotel 5 minutes away from airport & run by CI. You can check if they offer day room service. Let us know if you ever try ...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:45 am

Yes Novotel does have day rest service at a very reasonable price too.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:48 am

It's managed directly by Accor which means assurance in quality. I always stay there for a night before heading to downtown Taipei. I think for day rest is about 1500NTD. Standard room for a night stay is 3750NTD.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:49 pm
evq
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kleenlex
It's managed directly by Accor which means assurance in quality. I always stay there for a night before heading to downtown Taipei. I think for day rest is about 1500NTD. Standard room for a night stay is 3750NTD.
good intel, didnt know they had a day rate
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:50 pm
evq
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EWRNJ1963
You can walk up to departure floor only if you have transit boarding pass. I know EVA and another premium lounge ( www.moregroup.com.tw ) do offer shower room at terminal 2. Not sure if Singapore air have this service or not.

But they all locate at departure level. I am sure no arrival lounge at T2.

There is a Novotel hotel 5 minutes away from airport & run by CI. You can check if they offer day room service. Let us know if you ever try ...
every time i go up to the departures level, nobody checks for my transit ticket. so i guess the issue is, will the EVA lounge staff let me in (diamond) without a transit ticket?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:23 pm

How did you get back up to the departure level without a boarding pass tho? I thought they had securities guarding the transit area. You can always use the Evergreen transit hotel located at departure level for a bit of rest and sleep. In all fairness I think Taipei airport isn't so bad for transit passengers. If you want a place to sleep while transiting in Hong Kong, you either have to pay 600HKD for 3 hours sleep at the traveler's lounge or stay at the airport hotels. Regal & Novotel city gate= luxurious indulgence= big price tag.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evq
every time i go up to the departures level, nobody checks for my transit ticket. so i guess the issue is, will the EVA lounge staff let me in (diamond) without a transit ticket?
Huh? Your final destination is TPE and you want to go upstairs to the departure level to use the lounge?

What do you plan to do after that? How will you enter Taiwan from the departure level?

I would think the Airport Police/Border Control will check your boarding pass when you go through transit?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by username
Huh? Your final destination is TPE and you want to go upstairs to the departure level to use the lounge?

What do you plan to do after that? How will you enter Taiwan from the departure level?

I would think the Airport Police/Border Control will check your boarding pass when you go through transit?
They won't let you in the boarding area unless you have a boarding pass...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blackmamba
You would think that is true. So, the question for our OP who said "every time i go up to the departures level, nobody checks for my transit ticket" is how he or she plans to do it...

Remember, this is not just airport security (which is serious enough), it is also immigration/border control you are messing with.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by blackmamba
What are you talking about?

I have transited in TPE over 20 times and they have NEVER checked for a boarding pass in order to go upstairs.

As to leaving, in case anybody ever kept their eyes open their is a down escalator right next to the up one. They will not care in the least.

To the OP: I thought a diamond could use the lounge without an EVA ticket, but you could just read the EVA rules on this one.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jun 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I thought a diamond could use the lounge without an EVA ticket, but you could just read the EVA rules on this one.
There won't be a problem accessing the EVA lounges with a Diamond card. I have used my card to get in rather than produce the invite/BP. Indeed as Gold I used the lounge a couple of times when flying with other airlines.

The rule (at TPE for Golds/Diamonds) is that you can use the lounge when on flights with other airlines - so "officially" you are probably not entitled.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is crazy that they would not check boarding passes of the inbound passengers going upstairs...

What happens after OP uses the lounge? How can he enter Taiwan from upstairs?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by username
It is crazy that they would not check boarding passes of the inbound passengers going upstairs...

What happens after OP uses the lounge? How can he enter Taiwan from upstairs?
Why would they care? The only reason for that security checkpoint is to satisfy other countries (US,Japan?, EU?) requirments.

The "security" could care less. I once whent through with mega keys in my pocket (I was asleep, not usually that stupid), and the machine did not beep.

Going between floors does not allow somebody to enter or leave the country. It only provides access to departing flights (and the lounge etc.)..

Again, to get back to the lower level he just takes the down escalator.

EDIT: Why should any international airport care about thiis? I do not remember being asked for a BP at either NRT or ICN when transiting.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jun 23, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.