Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Eva Air allow short checking a bag?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
Does Eva Air allow short checking a bag?

I'll be flying from Shanghai to the US soon, but will have a long 8 hour layover in Taipei. I plan to meet some customers during that time and would like to take some items that will be too large for me to carry on board.

Will EVA Air allow me to pickup my checked luggage in Taipei? I would then recheck it before the next leg of my flight that evening.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: BR Gold
In short, the answer is YES.

Simply tell the check in agent @ PVG of your intention, and have that luggage tagged only to TPE, and you will be fine!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I had no issue when flying NGO-TPE-SEA, and like sawan said, let the ground agent know you're clearing customs in TPE and would like your bag.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Is this still the case, that EVA allows short checking bags?
I have an upcoming trip TPE-(BKK)-LHR (EVA Air) with an over night layover and then onwards LHR-ARN (SAS). The entire trip is on the same booking reservation.
I want to retrieve my checked bag in LHR and then re-check it in the morning before my next flight.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63
Is this still the case, that EVA allows short checking bags?
I have an upcoming trip TPE-(BKK)-LHR (EVA Air) with an over night layover and then onwards LHR-ARN (SAS). The entire trip is on the same booking reservation.
I want to retrieve my checked bag in LHR and then re-check it in the morning before my next flight.
can answer my own question now, EVA does still allow it.
my trip was DAD-TPE-LHR-ARN , I had overnight layovers in both TPE and LHR and they gave me the option to either first just check it to TPE but I only wanted it to LHR and there wasn’t any issues with that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.