Wiki Posts
Search

Eva Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold, MileagePlus Platinum
Eva Miles?

Am flying on Eva from Taiwan to Newark before the end of the year. Can these miles be applied to Skymiles (where I'm gold) or StarAlliance? or should I consider getting an Eva miles membership even though will probably never fly them again.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Hi, welcome to FT!

I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong, but no airline except Continental will give you anything for flying EVA. Even then you must be on a full fare (http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...aspx?ItemId=71). Continental was more generous when it was part of Skyteam, but not anymore. Note it has to be Continental, not another member of Star Alliance.

So unless you're on a full fare and a CO member, you might as well join EVA's programme. The miles last five years. Most fares with EVA get at least something. The most discounted fares get nothing:http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...s/Mileage_kind

Have a good flight!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold, MileagePlus Platinum
Thanks

Thank you Jimbo! extremly helpful.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:39 am

You can give them to another Evergreen Club member - like me. wj
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
You can give them to another Evergreen Club member - like me. wj
Only problem is they can't be combined with other miles you have. So if it's just the miles off a single trip there's not much you can do with them.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 1:53 pm

Jimbo: Thanks for the good info. No miles combining, even if one joins Evergreen Club ? wj
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:55 pm

Programs: NON ELITE
combined miles??

That would be too easy and too generous if miles can be combined with or gifted to another account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.