Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurostar - luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Eurostar - luggage question

I've seen luggage mentioned briefly in the posts but was hoping to get some additional guidance. I will be traveling from Paris to London one-way and will have at least one large suitcase and potentially two roll aboards.

Does the Eurostar have/require checked luggage? Are there overhead compartments/room for a large suitcase next to seat. I would expect we would be travelling leisure select on 31-12-09.

Thanks in advance for your input
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: ex-DL FO, what a pedigree
You can carry on two bags and a piece of "hand luggage" on board with you, and they will check bags (up to 30kg) for £15. We travelled that route a few years ago and I recall having decent space for our baggage on board. Unlike many of the little trains around Europe the theft risk didn't seem that great as most everyone was getting on and off at the same time. For that reason, stowing it in compartments at the end of the car didn't seem as sketchy as it does on many routes.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Traveling on any of the intercity trains in Europe, I carry a small combination cable lock that you can thread through the handles of the bags and the grate of the luggage compartment. This eliminates much of the concern about theft as there are probably easier targets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.