Wiki Posts
Search

Absolute Record from FRA Train Station to Gate

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN since 2007
Absolute Record from FRA Train Station to Gate

Anybody that has ever been to Frankfurt, knows that distances are pretty long and take time.

On Saturday a colleague took the train (S-Bahn) from Frankfurt City to the Aiport. While on the S-Bahn, he checked his ticket again and saw that his flight was leaving an hour earlier than he thought, meaning he would have 16min from Train arrival to plane departure (To EZE, mind you) - he already had his boarding pass but when he called the HON-hotline, they told him, he would never ever make it.

The train arrived on time, he ran for his life, jumped the security queue (I'm surprised they didn't detain him - he must've looked like a madman) and boarded the plane through the back bridge as they we're closing the door...

And I thought that my 11min before departure arriving at TXL by cab were pretty good.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:00 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion in our Travel->Germany thread. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:29 am

That really is some serious running and flexibility from LHs side. Try the same on say, Ryanair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.