Reload this Page >

new elite level for Grand Voyageur?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new elite level for Grand Voyageur?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 8:04 am

I am just wondering about the usual SNCF "marketing" nonsense...
I am afraid they might have prepared something to prevent their frequent travellers from travelling easy...
Think I read that the cancellation/exchange policy is getting stricter...
Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: Many
Thumbs down Grand Voyageur advantages cutting

As of 7th of October Grand Voyageur travellers will no longer be able to easily change their train tickets (one hour before or after departure). This benefit will be reserved for Offre Pro tickets.

Also, earning Smiles with a GV card on discounted fares (carte 12-25, carte Escapde and so on) is drastically reduced.

Lounge access still remains for card holders though.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by bodory
Lounge access still remains for card holders though.
Yeah, except the have permanently closed the lounge that I used the most. Dijon no longer has a GV lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Pass
A while back, it was possible to book Eurostar tickets via the SNCF (although I only ever managed to get PAR-LON/LON-PAR returns via the website), get GV points, and then send the tickets to Eurostar for points on the Eurostar frequent traveler programme. Anybody done this lately?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by janders
A while back, it was possible to book Eurostar tickets via the SNCF (although I only ever managed to get PAR-LON/LON-PAR returns via the website), get GV points, and then send the tickets to Eurostar for points on the Eurostar frequent traveler programme. Anybody done this lately?
I haven't done the Eurostar lately, but I have booked the Thalys several times from the SNCF website and received my Smiles as well as a better price than the Thalys site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.