Wiki Posts
Search

Which website to buy train ticket travel from Prague to Krakow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA.
Which website to buy train ticket travel from Prague to Krakow

Hello, I am bit confused which websites to buy train ticket from Prague to Krakow. I been checking the Polish trains website. It only show 30 days scheduled. My travel date is May 11th. I wondering should I wait till I get to Prague on the May 9th and go to Central train station to buy the ticket, or book thru PolishTrains ?
What are my changes to get the direct train tickets if I wait? So far 4/20/24 has 10:19 and arrive at 16:50 (EC115).
But 4/27/24 only has 06:19 -> 12:10 (EC113).
Both said direct. Toke between 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
Is there others website also available to get the tickets with same time frame?

thanks
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
PolishTrains is some dodgy third party reseller, ignore them. You should always book direct.

One option is to take one of the trains jointly operated by ČD and PKP IC, these can be booked at cd.cz or intercity.pl. PKP IC only starts presale 30 days in advance but I believe ČD opens earlier (if not, book those 30 days before travel for the best price). Booking with ČD gives you better flexibility for the cheap fares, otherwise book with whoever's cheaper.

Another option is Leo Express, which can be booked at le.cz. If you choose them, book one of the higher travel classes. You don't want to be stuck in their economy for such a long trip.​​
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks ! I am glad you told me a out Polishtrains.
​​​Will check those websites.
Thanks again!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

What is the different ?

Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

what is different First minute Europe ticket vs International ticket

A bit confuse between First minute Europe ticket vs International ticket ? Price is 1910 czk vs 4196 czk ... huge different.

Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by moon4fun
A bit confuse between First minute Europe ticket vs International ticket ? Price is 1910 czk vs 4196 czk ... huge different.

Thanks!
It's literally in the screenshot. The more expensive ticket is valid on any train (with a seat reservation) and has no cancellation or change fee, the other ticket is valid on that specific train only, and there's a fee if you cancel.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Got it. With only 3 Euro fee for each person if cancel, that is ok. At the very least it more cheaper.
Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:47 am

If you're lookin' to snag some train tickets from Prague to Krakow, lemme drop some personal insights for ya! So, when I was plannin' my trip, I hit up German platform, and lemme tell ya, it was smooth sailin'!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Brooklynn
If you're lookin' to snag some train tickets from Prague to Krakow, lemme drop some personal insights for ya! So, when I was plannin' my trip, I hit up German platform, and lemme tell ya, it was smooth sailin'!
Possible - yes, recommended - no. If you booked a non-DB service with DB, you probably overpaid significantly (on this route possibly in 100s of %) for no reason. Always book direct whenever possible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.