Wiki Posts
Search

Confused About Deutsche Bahn Train Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Confused About Deutsche Bahn Train Ticket

Hello friends,

This is my first time traveling in Europe and I'm a little confused about my Deutsche Bahn train ticket. Here is what happened:

I bought a train ticket on April 21st from Amsterdam Centraal to Berlin Hbf which was a direct route. I had an e-mail saying because of the timetable change, my journey is not available. I couldn't cancel and there was no alternative connections. I panicked and I canceled my ticket on Omio with 10 Euro deducted. And I bought another ticket ith one tranfser (also paying extra money): Amsterdam to Hannover, Hannover to Berlin. Now I know I shouldn't have done that because I could take any train without needing to cancel and buying new tickets.

So, here is my real question. My new ticket is on April 21st at 09:59 am. On the website, I selected an alternative connection thinking I would change the time of my ticket. Now it says "I have an alternative itinerary at 11:59am" and I also can see my original ticket saying "Original itinerary" at 09:59 am. My ticket is Super Sparpreis Europa, 2nd Cl. which is a train-specific ticket. I think it means that I cannot change or cancel my ticket. So which train should I take, the one at 09:59 (original) or 11:59 (alternative). I cannot upload the screenshot of the tickets, so I'm writing what I see.

!Please check whether your ticket is valid for the alternative you selected.
Super Sparpreis Europa, 2nd Cl.
Single Journey

Your alternative travel itinerary on Sun 21. Apr 2024
11:59-18:16

Original itinerary
09:59-16-16

You should know that I am very scared right now. Because I didn't know the system, I panicked and I messed up. It's all my fault.
I appreciate any suggestion you give and I thank you guys in advance.

To the people that will help me! If you are around Amsterdam or Berlin, I can buy you a cup of coffee
Old Mar 22, 2024, 7:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
What I think you did is that you just saved an itinerary as a bookmark, not change your ticket (which is not changeable anyway). Which is why you have a message about checking your ticket. If I am correct then your ticket is for the train of 9:59.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:43 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Can you try to download your ticket as a PDF file and see what that says?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Second the suggestion of downloading your ticket and seeing what it says – and next time book direct rather than using "omio" or third party sites.
Askartus likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:27 am

If you haven't already, reaching out to support or customer service could be a game-changer in resolving this issue. Sometimes, looking into Omio reviews and seeing how others handled similar situations can provide valuable insights and solutions. It's worth a shot to get things sorted out smoothly!

Last edited by jennywhite; Apr 17, 2024 at 2:36 am
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:59 pm

You should not buy tickets with OMIO. Buy them with DB directly.

When you buy a ticket you do not buy a ticket for a train, you buy a ticket for a route. If for some reason the train you selected is cancelled you still have a ticket. This ticket you now can just use on another train on the same route, and you do not even need to do anything for that. Just find the train, get on, and show your ticket to the conductor when he comes.

You should never have to pay extra because the railway did something....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.