Trenitalia Lyon - Milan - anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat

Wondering if anyone has done the new Trenitalia service from Paris or Lyon to Milan yet? I'm actually going on to Bologna, but it's an easy connection at Milan. It turns out that it is a long trip with connections from where I'm going to be if I tried to fly. The train is maybe an hour longer, but I can sit in the same seat and watch some beautiful scenery pass by...
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl
Wondering if anyone has done the new Trenitalia service from Paris or Lyon to Milan yet? I'm actually going on to Bologna, but it's an easy connection at Milan. It turns out that it is a long trip with connections from where I'm going to be if I tried to fly. The train is maybe an hour longer, but I can sit in the same seat and watch some beautiful scenery pass by...
If you want to see what the Frecciarossa 1000 looks like from the inside, here's a video:

And here's a reportage on the actual Milan-Paris trip

I did a Turin-Paris trip like this some 10 years ago, though it was on SNCF, the French company. It was quite nice, though not particularly fast. The Alpine bit is slowed down by very long stops, included one at Modane to change crew, from an Italian one to the French. SNCF also struggled because the train company couldn't, due to the convoy having older signalling, travel on Italy's high speed lines.

Anyway, overall it was a great journey - also helped by the fact that I met my then girlfriend on the outbound! But romanticism aside, I think it's a great way to travel, simpler and comfier than by plane. No security checks, lots of space, and if you book early enough the delta between 'normal' classes of travel and Business/"First" is quite negligible.
flyme2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.