Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Deutsche Bahn ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Help with Deutsche Bahn ticket

I booked a trip on the Deutsche Bahn site yesterday. Today, however, I made a seat reservation change. The process seemed to go fine, but neither the confirmation page nor the confirmation email included a reissued ticket. I only received a PDF of a "booking receipt." My understanding is that my original ticket has been canceled and reissued...so how do I get a copy of the new ticket? Am I missing the obvious?

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:31 am
Suspended

DB treats ticket and seat reservation as separate. If you merely changed the seat but remained within the ticket rules, all is good.

If you want more specific feedback, you would need to provide additional info. Did you switch the seats on the same train? Or did you switch to another train? If the latter, do you have a flexible ("Flexpreis") or a non/flexible (saver/"Sparpreis") ticket?
Nayli likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Captain. I changed only the seat, not the train. However, after my original post I realized I have a 1st class Super Sparpreis ticket that I think may not be changeable at all even though it included a seat reservation option and the system merrily allowed me to select and follow through with a seating reservation change.

My fear now is that by doing that I nullified my original ticket but cannot get a new one. Is this the case, or is my original ticket (with the original seat) still valid? Both the original reservation and the changed seat reservation are in my online account, but only the original reservation offers me the option to print a ticket.

I have an email out to DB but have not yet gotten a response.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Okay, you're all good then. Again, the seat reservation is separate. Even on a Super Sparpreis ticket you may change the seat reservation one time free of charge. What you cannot do on a Super Sparpreis is cancel for a refund or take a long-distance train different from the one (or the ones) stipulated on the ticket.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Oh, thank goodness. And thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.