Wiki Posts
Search

Switzerland Trip Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Switzerland Trip Help Needed

Hello I'm looking to visit Interlaken and Lugano in Switzerland. Any suggestions of using railway/public transportation to both those sites? Also which city would you suggest flying in/out of. Hope Munich, Zurich, or Milan would be good as I'm looking to do this without car. I'm sure railroads/buses in Central Europe are good. How many days total would you recommend? Thanks for any help.
Ingrid likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: 8 mm lifetime,1K, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I would go to Zurich, then train it over to Lucerne (40 min). Use Lucerne (hotel Waldstatterhof is great right by train station) as a base of operations for day trips to Interlaken (2 hrs) and Lugano (2 hrs) You could also use Lugano as a stopping point enroute to an air departure from Milano. If you day trip it, get an early start so you have plenty of time to look around. Good news, the Lugano finicular is open from train station to downtown. One thing though, at Interlaken you have options to continue further in the mountains to the Eigers or Wengen for example, which in my mind requires an overnight stay there. Let us know what you do
Ingrid likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Munich isn't a good option as the train connections are lacking. There is a bus though, but it's about a four hour trip. Much better to fly into ZRH or BSL.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:52 am

Don't bother with going to Interlaken unless you intend to use it as a base for exploring.
Interlaken itself does not have much to offer. It is a convenient transportation hub, so a good place to base yourself. But there is no point in planning a day trip to Interlaken if you end up making your base elsewhere.
greg5 and robtroxel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.