Wiki Posts
Search

Winter Sun in the Alps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Winter Sun in the Alps

Hi all -

As an alternative to winter sun, my wife and I are looking to go for a nice relaxing week-long break (we need it!) somewhere in the alps. I've read about the natural thermal pools in places like Leukerbad in particular and wondering if anyone else knew of some great spots? I find it a hard area to plan a trip to properly as there are areas tucked away and a lot of them, plus a lot of the sites and brochures I've used are targeted at skiers or groups.

In short, we aren't big skiers, so would like something with some tobogganing (night-lit would be a plus), some decent walking options (but nothing too advanced) and some nice options for relaxing such as a nice little village, some cafes and shops and some pools/springs etc.

Leukerbad defiantly looks great but there seem to be lots like it so I'm wondering if anyone could help throw some ideas into the hat for a shortlist, or even I could plan a few detours/day trips. I'm open too to Austria and Liechtenstein, it's just the switzerland seemed to have the most options for this.

Many thanks!!!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:56 am
Suspended

How about Austria?
as a nice little village, some cafes and shops and some pools/springs etc.
that is hard the most are just Tourist Villages and there isnt any sight where you can walk around.
Do you mean with "spring" some Thermal Water Bath?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Scoul might be interesting. It's a bit off the beaten path, and there is a thermal bath there.

The website is here for the baths, in german: http://www.engadin.com/wellness-gesu...n-bad/?R=1&S=1
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: 8 mm lifetime,1K, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Try Interlaken and Wengen

We love these Swiss towns, all easily reachable by train. Go to Interlaken, then train up to Wengen. The whole area has many options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.