Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > European Rail Travel
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to get from Amsterdam - Cologne - Brussels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest way to get from Amsterdam - Cologne - Brussels?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by WC_EEND
If you booked Cologne to Bruges, then it should be valid to any Belgian station beyond Brussels.
Are you sure this is still the case?

Eurostar tickets from London used to be "Toute Gare Belge" (sorry, they use French here!) but are now only valid to stations within Brussels. Could the same be the case for tickets from Germany?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Are you sure this is still the case?

Eurostar tickets from London used to be "Toute Gare Belge" (sorry, they use French here!) but are now only valid to stations within Brussels. Could the same be the case for tickets from Germany?
I recently booked a Thalys trip Brussels-Rotterdam return, which did not have the "Toutes gares Belges" or "Elk Belgisch Station" included, however if I tried to book Gent Sint Pieters-Rotterdam, it was included (or at least it said so in the booking menu). So my logical deduction is that if you use any other station as departure/arrival point than the ones listed as Thalys departure stations (Brussel-Zuid/Midi, Antwerp-Central, Liége-Guillemins (only for Cologne), Gent-Sint-Pieters (only for Paris), Bruges (only for Paris) and Ostend (only for Paris), the EBS/TGB is automatically included.

For the record, I booked it without because just using a Go Pass (I'm still under 26) worked out cheaper than with the EBS/TGB surcharge.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WC_EEND
Open it in your pdf-reading program (usually acrobat reader, but others will do fine as well), hit the "printscreen" key on your keyboard and paste into MS Paint. delete all the windows bits and put a thick black line over your personal details. Save image and upload to your favourite image host (imageschack, photobucket, imgur, etc) Embed image in post here using the img bb-code tags and you're done.
If necessary, I'll print it out, take it to my local station (Gent-sint-Pieters) and ask there. It's only a 10min walk from my home anyway.
Thx for the information. I blacked out my information.

Here is the ticket: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/42779319.jpg/
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:00 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yup. Valable a toutes gares Belges = valid to all Belgian stations. Ghent, Mechelen, Liege-Guillemins, Ostend, even Erps-Kwerps, should the desire take you.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by stut
Yup. Valable a toutes gares Belges = valid to all Belgian stations. Ghent, Mechelen, Liege-Guillemins, Ostend, even Erps-Kwerps, should the desire take you.
Erps-Kwerps is a place I always wanted to live. Just the best name. And probably good plane spotting.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 5:27 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Erps-Kwerps is a place I always wanted to live. Just the best name. And probably good plane spotting.
I do have a soft spot for daft town names.

As you can see from my profile.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

lol Stut!

Thanks for answering that question for me. I didn't realize you have a background in French!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:46 am

Programs: Miles & Bonus *S
I do have a soft spot for daft town names.
It's not just you, I have a soft spot for daft or weird town names as well.

I also have this mate who always laughs when he's on the train and passes Erps-Kwerps, just because he thinks it's such a funny town name.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just want to confirm with you guys that there is no advantage to buying my Bruges to Ghent and Ghent to Brussels ticket online right? I can always buy it on the same day of travel and it'll still be the same price even if I book it 1 week in advance?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just want to confirm with you guys that there is no advantage to buying my Bruges to Ghent and Ghent to Brussels ticket online right? I can always buy it on the same day of travel and it'll still be the same price even if I book it 1 week in advance?
No price advantage, but I always find it nice to have the ticket in my pocket already and not having to find a ticketing machine or counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.