Train: Hamburg to Lubeck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway

I am trying to find out pricing info for a return ticket between Hamburg and Lubeck.

Thanks,

G
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Gigantor
I am trying to find out pricing info for a return ticket between Hamburg and Lubeck.

Thanks,

G
According to this page on the HVV website, the one way fare is €12.10.

If you are going there and back in a day, leaving after 9am (if on Mon-Fri), you might consider getting a Laender ticket for €26, if you are also going to use the public transport in either city.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:03 am

Make sure you get your ticket from a machine - you pay more if you get it from the ticket counter.

If you are flying into HAM you can buy your ticket at the airport and it will include the S-Bahn to the station.

At the Lübeck end of the journey your train ticket is valid for a bus journey anywhere in the central zone (which extends a fair way into the suburbs)
Old Feb 3, 2011, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Many thanks for the infos... I will travel from Hamburg Hbf to Lubeck Hbf on Friday and return on Sunday.

So, it looks like two single tickets are the best option.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
well, there is usually some Turkish/middle-east looking guy talking to people trying to get a ticket for Hamburg-Lübeck or back. He is travelling back and forth and can take 4 people with him on the ticket. He charges 5 Euro per one way ride. Not sure, if it is legal. I never used his service because I usually travel further. He is always there, though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.