Wiki Posts
Search

Kopenhaven-Malmö

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Kopenhaven-Malmö

Hi,
I would like to buy a ticket from Kopenhaven-Malmö. The DSB can't quote me the price. Any Information when and where to buy?
yours
757DUD
Old Oct 2, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by 757DUD
Hi,
I would like to buy a ticket from Kopenhaven-Malmö. The DSB can't quote me the price. Any Information when and where to buy?
yours
757DUD
Trains run between Copenhagen and Malmö (via Copenhagen airport) every 20 minutes. Its basically a commuter service so there's no need to book or buy a ticket in advance, just buy at the station when you get there. Single fare is 105 SEK, or, presumably, the equivalent in DKK.

The journey time is currently 35 minutes, and this will be reduced by early next year when the new Malmö city tunnel is opened.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: bahn.bonus, FB, EB
Actually, Citytunneln will be operational already from the Europe-wide timetable change on December 12. Incredibly, they managed to finish a billion-euro infrastructure project six months early and under budget. ^

At Copenhagen main station and Copenhagen airport you can buy the ticket either from the Danish (DSB) or Swedish (Skånetrafiken) vending machines or the manual DSB ticket sales.

Make sure you get on a local Öresund train and not one of the SJ long-distance trains. Tickets for the latter you need to get from the SJ vending machine (yes there are three kinds!), but to Malmö it is often more expensive.

And finally, if you're going to central Malmö, the central station is the second stop after the bridge (third one when they have started using the tunnel). The first stop (Malmö Syd/South) is just a shopping center outside of town.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers. Is there any difference, whether I buy the ticket from DSB or Skånetrafiken?

Originally Posted by Will Fly Småland
Actually, Citytunneln will be operational already from the Europe-wide timetable change on December 12. Incredibly, they managed to finish a billion-euro infrastructure project six months early and under budget. ^
I can't believe they really did this? Was there any kind of magic involved?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:36 pm

Thanks for your answers. Is there any difference, whether I buy the ticket from DSB or Skånetrafiken?

Are you going from Kastrup to Malmõ?
Do you then know what time and date?

It is not very expensive though.

I take that route but further 1-2 times a year.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:54 pm

Should be about the same. I guess any difference would be due to currency fluctuations since they last synced the prices. I always use the Swedish one myself, since you get a 20% discount when you pay with the travel card of the south Swedish transit agencies (Skånetrafiken and friends).

Yea, one wonders...
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: none
Quote:

Yea, one wonders...

No 'wondering' needed, people in those countries think while working.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kanopemainer
Quote:

Yea, one wonders...

No 'wondering' needed, people in those countries think while working.
If you want to see a delayed tunnel project in Sweden you only need to travel 100 km further north:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallands%C3%A5s_Tunnel

Currently scheduled to open 20 years (!) late and at a tenfold cost overrun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.