Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid Spain to Leon Spain

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Madrid Spain to Leon Spain

Wondering if anyone cam lend some help. My father-in-law will be flying in to Madrid in July going on to Leon and is looking to take the train. Were would be the best place to look online for tickets for something like that? Where would the train actually leave out of and it the some form of transpartation from airport to train station?
Old May 9, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: LH, Qantas
The best option to buy the tickets (already available as it is less than three months) is RENFE's web page. They can be bought three months in advance an dyou can choose the language (bottom left):

http://www.renfe.es/index.html

Only drawback: it seems trains leave 22:30 and arrive in Leon at 03:00.
Old May 12, 2010, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by moien
Only drawback: it seems trains leave 22:30 and arrive in Leon at 03:00.
Err, that would be the overnight Trenhotel service. There are regular Alvia trains throughout the day which are much faster.

Alvia are variable-gauge trains that can run on both the high-speed standard gauge and Iberian gauge classic lines.

Trains to Leon depart from Madrid Chamartin which you can reach on the Metro from the airport.

Last edited by Reason077; May 12, 2010 at 7:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.