Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid to Murcia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Credit Cards
Arrow Madrid to Murcia?

I'm having a really difficult time finding information on possible train options between Madrid and Murcia.

Has anyone traveled this route?

Are there any evening trains available (overnight) so I can skip on booking a hotel room in Madrid and use the train, maybe even from the airport (MAD) to city center Murcia?

I'm traveling in March.

thanks,
--Russ
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:39 am

http://horarios.renfe.com/HIRRenfeWe...F=12&SF=2&ID=i

No night train between Madrid and Murcia.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:50 am

If you try this for March you get no results, that is probably the OP’s problem. The reason is – I guess - this (sorry, Spanish only).
In short: because of small schedule changes there are currently no trains loaded in the system beyond January 30th. So it “looks” as if no trains are available.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Arrow

ah, thanks for that!

for anyone that is familiar with public transport in Spain

what are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing train service over bus service on this route?

I saw there is an overnight bus, which might kill two birds with one stone (take care of accommodation for me as well)

Koby, this is off topic, but what are the public trasport options for Barcelona... I'm arriving 7:55am and departing 5:35pm on a weekday in March.... enough time to get a sneak peak of the city?

thanks,
--Russ
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by JerseyVics
Koby, this is off topic, but what are the public trasport options for Barcelona... I'm arriving 7:55am and departing 5:35pm on a weekday in March.... enough time to get a sneak peak of the city?
The Aerobus will take you from the airport into the city (Plaça Catalunya) in less than 30 minutes. From there you can easily go for a walk in the most touristic part of town. And there is a tourist information office across the street from the bus stop (below the square).

When going back to the airport, make sure to take the bus that goes to the correct terminal (there are 2 different routes, I think A1 and A2).
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:43 am

what are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing train service over bus service on this route?

I saw there is an overnight bus, which might kill two birds with one stone (take care of accommodation for me as well)
My experience with bus travel in Spain is limited, but I would only consider it if money is really an issue. I've found 2 "overnight" buses to Murcia (one leaving from the airport at 11pm) and none offers special seats. So sleeping would be difficult. and you arrive at 5am in Murcia...
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:47 am

Renfe website now OK

To the OP: the Renfe website now shows the train schedule (and prices) for the Madrid – Murcia trains in March.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

thank you for keeping me posted, at this time I think bus would do the trick!

PS. I'm sure you'd be busy mid week but if available how about a mini-Do in Barcelona? (March 4th)
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:12 pm

PS. I'm sure you'd be busy mid week but if available how about a mini-Do in Barcelona? (March 4th)
Mid-week I’ll probably be travelling. But I’ll keep it in mind... ^
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koby
Mid-week I’ll probably be travelling. But I’ll keep it in mind... ^
cool, would be happy to buy you a beer for the help
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koby
My experience with bus travel in Spain is limited, but I would only consider it if money is really an issue. I've found 2 "overnight" buses to Murcia (one leaving from the airport at 11pm) and none offers special seats. So sleeping would be difficult. and you arrive at 5am in Murcia...
How reliable are buses in Spain? Does anyone know?

Would anyone risk a 5am bus arrival with a 7am flight departure (domestic)

How far is the bus stop from the check-in counter? Can you check in online for Iberia? How bad is security at MAD for a 7am mid week domestic departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.