Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do in Vienna at night?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Things to do in Vienna at night?

Hi Everyone,

We have an overnight stopover (Tue, Dec 2 @7pm arrival VIE, Dec 3@1030am departure) in Vienna. As far as I can tell, most of the museums and sights will be closed due to time or day of the week and most of the tours start 7pm or prior.

Does anyone have any advice on sightseeing in Vienna on a Tuesday night? Are the many palaces "walk in" or do they require tickets etc?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:33 pm

Christmas fairs are big in Vienna, and I think some of them will be going on then. A useful source of information for these and other events is here.

Vienna's coffee houses and heurigen restaurants (some of which are right in town, though heurigen are more often thought of as being out in the suburbs) are an attraction in themselves, as is just walking around the city; both of these activities will be available to you, though the weather may be cold. Standard guide books will give you names and suggestions for walks; Rough Guides, Eyewitness Guides, and Time Out guides are good on this, as is the Vienna page on wikitravel.org.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:22 am
Suspended

Visit the Christmas market in front of the town hall. I was there last weekend and it was beautiful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.