Wiki Posts
Search

Help Please: Stag Do in Brussels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Help Please: Stag Do in Brussels

Hi All,

Am arranging a stag do in Brussels for about 15 guys and trying to sort some fun stuff to do. We are going for a weekend and have some karting and paintballing booked. Now I just need some other things... any ideas on:
  • Cheap & Good place to eat traditional food in centre
  • Strip bars
  • Good place to try out beers
  • Any organised day trips from the city, such as a beer tour?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:44 am

Belgium

While in Belgium, make sure that you go to the Deliriums Cafe. It is one of the oldest and best Beer Pubs (also has a Absinthe, Genever, Tequila, and Whiskey Bar). It is located very close to the Main Square. They promote over 2000 types of beer but specialize in Belgian Trappist and Monastery Brews. They also have a fantastic selection of Cheese and Meat.

http://www.deliriumcafe.be

You will find MANY local dining establishments en route to this pub. Not cheap,,but all very good! Make sure and try the Belgian Fries (traditionally fried in Animal Fat).

As for a day trip, one MUST take the one hour train North to visit the Medieval City of Brugges. Some of Belgians finest beers AND oldest brewery can be found in the Centre. Brugges Tripel, Zot, and few others are brewed there. Antwerp and Ghent are also good day trips but I would highly suggest a trip to Brugges.

As for strip clubs, head to Care Nord (North) Train station and find the long street that runs behind/parallel to the station (very easy to find). This is the Main Brussels RLD. You will find ALL kinds of things to entertain your buddies.

Enjoy
Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
When are you going?

I'm off there on 22nd August so can get back to you if it's not too late.

DE ULTIEME HALLUCINATIE is a good bar.
316 rue Royale
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I'm in Brussels right now and am staying in the Sheraton at Place Rogier a few blocks from the Gare de Nord (North Station) about 2 blocks away is a long road with lots of strip clubs. Being that I have zero interest in such establishments, I can't comment on their quality
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dobba
When are you going?

I'm off there on 22nd August so can get back to you if it's not too late.

DE ULTIEME HALLUCINATIE is a good bar.
316 rue Royale

I'm there at the very same time! If you see a group of 15 british guys - thats probably us! Come say hi!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead
I'm in Brussels right now and am staying in the Sheraton at Place Rogier a few blocks from the Gare de Nord (North Station) about 2 blocks away is a long road with lots of strip clubs. Being that I have zero interest in such establishments, I can't comment on their quality
Thanks - will check it out on the web. I also have zero interest in such places but as the best man, i guess its traditional....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.