Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ideas for 10 year anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Madrid could be painfully hot in July. A better bet might be Barcelona; it will be a little cooler because it's on the coast. I like it better than Paris; it's as styish as Paris (but people clean up after their dogs). Lots of interesting history, quirky architecture, good shopping and restaurants and more. You could combine Barcelona with Paris, too.

Another option might be Switzerland plus Italy, with part of the pleasure in the trip being the scenic trains through the mountain passes. (You might start in Italy and return via Switzerland. If the weather is incredibly hot in Italy, you'll appreciate the cooler temperatures more in Switzerland on the way back than at the start of your journey.)
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
We did a Silversea cruise for our 15th, starting in Rome and ending in Venice, via Sorrento, Amalfi, Taorima, Valletta, Corfu, Dubrovnic, and Split, then stayed in Venice another 3 nights. It was a fabulous trip and we've just got back this summer from a return land visit to the Amalfi Coast, Rome, Umbria & Venice. A cruise is a nice way to see what you would like to return to without a whole lot of stress - especially since you're travelling in July!

Did another SS cruise beginning in Barcelona and ending in Honfleur, where we picked up a car, did the Normandy beaches & then drove to Paris for 4 nights before coming home. That was also great - I like seeing a lot on a cruise, then sitting in a wonderful city for at least 3 - 4 nights to end your trip.

I've lived in Europe and we've visited 1 to 2 times a year for well over 20 years now, but that was the best, most enjoyable and relaxing trip ever!

There are other cruise lines that you might enjoy that have a lower age demographic - I believe Regent, but we've noticed the average age going down drastically on SS since our first cruise with them. Whatever you do, do an all-inclusive and book a balcony room/suite - as romantic as it gets!
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Update

Well, I think we've nixed London and Paris. We don't want to spend too much time in museums but would rather spend some time relaxing by pools/beaches with some light sightseeing as well. I am thinking of flying to/from FCO on AA and spend 2 days at the end of the trip in Rome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.