Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece in June

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Greece in June

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Greece in June. Flying into Athens, then thinking of taking ferries/hydrofoils to the islands. How do I get from Mykonos to Patmos? Is there a direct ferry?

Also, anybody stayed at Mykonos View Village? It looks pretty from the photos and rather reasonably priced.

Appreciate any thoughts/advice!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:10 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by chirpy
Hi, I'm planning a trip to Greece in June. Flying into Athens, then thinking of taking ferries/hydrofoils to the islands. How do I get from Mykonos to Patmos? Is there a direct ferry?

Also, anybody stayed at Mykonos View Village? It looks pretty from the photos and rather reasonably priced.

Appreciate any thoughts/advice!

For ferry schedules use http://www.gtp.gr/ but June schedules may not be finalized till May. This site does not link schedules together so you will probably have to go to Samos first then go over to Patmos on two different tickets. Actually stay on Samos and make Patmos a day trip. Marathokambos( is a very quiet part of Samos that has weekend boat service to Patmos. You could also take a day trip to Kusadasi, Turkey and see Ephesus.

In Mykonos try staying in town at the PETASSOS TOWN HOTEL. You can rent scooters or take the bus to the beaches. Though not as nice as MVV, they have a roof top deck for some very nice views. Also makes the night life more fun when you can walk to your hotel at the end of the evening.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:25 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Another thought...

Athens is going to be crazy with traffic so don't plan your ferry close to your arrival into Athens. Actually I have a great GREAT driver in Athens that I have used many times and have referred to others. It's better than taking a cab, since the cab drivers can be a little....what's the word

+30.210.883.5678
cell: +30.945.752.095

The guys name is Tassos and he also has a brother. They are awesome! Their website is www.athenslimo.com as well. Make sure negotiate the prices too. Tell them a friend from Chicago referred you on a website.

Best wishes,
UG

On a sidenote - if I were you, I would fly from Athens to Mykonos and then take the ferry/boat/hydrofoil. Just my opinion. Others may have their own.

Have fun!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Blue Star Ferries runs a service from Athens to the Dodecanese Islands(including Patmos), via Syros. It should run about 3 to 4 times a week in June.

There will be daily ferries between Mykonos and Syros.

If you book early enough, you can get a great discounted deal on Aegean Air flights between Athens and Mykonos, or between Kos/Rhodes/Samos to Athens for your return.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 12:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
On a sidenote - if I were you, I would fly from Athens to Mykonos and then take the ferry/boat/hydrofoil. Just my opinion. Others may have their own.
No, I agree also. The time spent getting new ATH --> Pireaus for the ferry could be better spent on Mykonos itself by flying instead.

Have fun!
Hey, I agree with that as well.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
For ferry schedules use http://www.gtp.gr/ but June schedules may not be finalized till May. This site does not link schedules together so you will probably have to go to Samos first then go over to Patmos on two different tickets. Actually stay on Samos and make Patmos a day trip. Marathokambos( is a very quiet part of Samos that has weekend boat service to Patmos. You could also take a day trip to Kusadasi, Turkey and see Ephesus.

In Mykonos try staying in town at the PETASSOS TOWN HOTEL. You can rent scooters or take the bus to the beaches. Though not as nice as MVV, they have a roof top deck for some very nice views. Also makes the night life more fun when you can walk to your hotel at the end of the evening.
Is the location for MVV bad? I was also thinking of staying at Kouros Hotel but heard the roads leading to the hotel are rather dark....
Old Jul 28, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
Athens is going to be crazy with traffic so don't plan your ferry close to your arrival into Athens. Actually I have a great GREAT driver in Athens that I have used many times and have referred to others. It's better than taking a cab, since the cab drivers can be a little....what's the word

I am digging up an ancient thread to ask the same basic question as the OP. I would be coming to ATH from the USA.
What kind of combination flight and ferry service might be in place late this October early November 2021 that would go from ATH to Patmos?
When I reviewed options a few years ago, some recommending flying ATH to Samos then Hydrofoil to Patmos. Is this combination still in place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.