Lounge recommendations in AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA OP BA gold MR Gold HH Silver BA Blue SNBrussels Blue
Lounge recommendations in AMS?

I am flying AMS-IAD on UA can anyone recommend the best lounge to go to
I am *G and am flying on a Z fare.

More importantly on my return I fly SFO- LHR on UA then LHR-AMS on BMI then onward on KLM. Given the BMI flight is only a Y fare and the KLM flight only an N fare are there any lounges that i can access at all?

thanks
Old Aug 30, 2006, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdab
I

More importantly on my return I fly SFO- LHR on UA then LHR-AMS on BMI then onward on KLM. Given the BMI flight is only a Y fare and the KLM flight only an N fare are there any lounges that i can access at all?
Since you are a Star Gold and connecting to a Star flight, you can use the lounges in LHR. However, when you get to AMS, you can't since you are connecting on KLM.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:06 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by cdab
I am flying AMS-IAD on UA can anyone recommend the best lounge to go to
I am *G and am flying on a Z fare.

thanks
Theres a SQ lounge thats supposed to be nice in AMS.
Link to AMS lounge access .pdf - Lounges

LHR there is the BMI lounge that isnt bad, it does have a shower.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
It is no contest at AMS. Go for the SQ lounge - I have been able to get in even when not flying on Star Aliance flights. The downside is they close in the morning around 11:30
Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:41 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by nigos
It is no contest at AMS. Go for the SQ lounge - I have been able to get in even when not flying on Star Aliance flights. The downside is they close in the morning around 11:30
http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...es/skl_ams.jsp

From what I heard though, you would have to go thru immagrations to get to the lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1P
I used the SQ lounge at AMS recently. It was pleasant, but nothing all that memorable. Some decent snacks, drinks, etc. Small room. No view of the airfield. I didn't check out the contract lounge that UA uses, so I have no point of comparison.

The SQ lounge (and all lounges) are upstairs, after passport control, but before carry-on luggage inspection. Each gate (or pair of gates) has its own scanners and game of 20 questions, so there was not much of a wait to get into the secure gate area. I'm a brisk walker, but the walk from the lounges to the UA gates is substantial, if this is a concern.

The SQ lounge attendant offered to alert us when our UA flight was boarding, but we actually left the lounge before she could notify us. (Had to hit duty free...)
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:52 am

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
SQ lounge is nice. There is a consolidated lounge that *A and a RCC membership gets you in. No bad.

You might be better off getting some items from the Albert Heijn in the basement and finding a quiet area of the departure lounge.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since about several airlines re lounges, moved to the appropriate destination forum so others besides UA flyers can have the benefit of this discussion.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:31 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Mrs. osxanalyst will be transiting AMS on her way to CPH next month to meet me there. She is traveling UA IAD-AMS in upgraded C and then onwards to CPH on SK in Y. Will she have access to the SQ lounge (or any lounge) in AMS based on her UA flight in C? She is only 2P on UA (not *G).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.