Here's our Il Borro trip report here.

Letiole... HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended! ^
Old Apr 21, 2006, 4:27 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DallasBill
Here's our Il Borro trip report here.

Letiole... HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended! ^
Thanks! I just read it and will definitely keep it in mind for the next trip there.

Now how come you're posting your trip reports there and not on FlyerTalk?
Old May 8, 2006, 1:43 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
Did anyone try the Verramista villas ? Was recommended by some friends but don't seem to find much about it.
Old May 17, 2006, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
I did a quick search and could not find any posts regarding my subject and would appreciate some help.

We are in the planning stages of a trip back to Italy next April (2007) and wanted to see Italy as it is instead of the touristy itinerary we had in Rome this year.

We heard about renting some country villas instead of hotel arrangements and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these type of accomodations.

We may have 4 people on this trip so multiple bedrooms would be necessary, and good proximity to some of the wineries in the area (Montelcino rings a bell ) would be a nice touch with a maximum of around $2000USD per week preferred.

If anyone has any reputable rental companies that may be able to help us as well as any property recommendations (as renting something sight unseen is daunting sometimes) it would be very appreciated!

On a side note has anyone heard of the firm Un Tours that offers these kinds of accomodations?

Thanks in advance for your time!

--DD73
Old May 17, 2006, 7:05 am

Italian villa search

Hi: Dudley

Just got back from spending 10 days in Tuscany. We rented a villa near the town of Cortona from a private owner. Il Rifugio was an outstanding villa but cost more than you want to pay. The owner couldn't do enought for us and made our stay more special. I found it on the website, www.vrbo.com,
It is a website called vacation rental by owners. Have fun searching for your special place. Staying at a villa and visiting all the hill towns was great. I highly recomend visiting Orvieta and Montipluciana, two of our favorites.

Dodo Bush
Old May 17, 2006, 7:09 am

Thumbs up Villa search

Originally Posted by dodobush
Hi: Dudley

Just got back from spending 10 days in Tuscany. We rented a villa near the town of Cortona from a private owner. Il Rifugio was an outstanding villa but cost more than you want to pay. The owner couldn't do enought for us and made our stay more special. I found it on the website, www.vrbo.com,
It is a website called vacation rental by owners. Have fun searching for your special place. Staying at a villa and visiting all the hill towns was great. I highly recomend visiting Orvieta and Montipluciana, two of our favorites.

Dodo Bush

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.