Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Munich during Oktoberfest for non-drinker?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum

I have the opportunity to spend the weekend in Munich at the end of this month, which is in the middle of Oktoberfest. I could also be in Lyon or Grenoble instead. However..... I don't drink, and I'm not particularly fond of drunken rowdy crowds. This would be my first time in Munich. If I want to just do standard touristy things like see the sights, will Munich be packed and rowdy (in which case I will go elsewhere) or is the city fairly normal away from the tents themselves? Thanks in advance for any advice........

Last edited by BaldEmu; Sep 14, 2005 at 12:05 pm
Old Sep 14, 2005, 4:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
The Oktoberfest limits itself to the tents and the area itself. You will be able to enjoy the city without fears. As a matter of fact it can be quite pleasant because the majority goes to the Fest and the city is yours to roam. There might be some drunkards after midnight who will drift towards the train station or back to their hotels, but really nothing to worry about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.