Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich layover inbound/outbond

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2005, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Zurich layover inbound/outbond

I have an inbound overnight, arrival 7 pm - Lv 10 am next day. On return I have a 6 hour wait to connect to outbound and at that time I aim to run into town and do some gift-shopping. (BTW, any suggestions for a good store?)

I know that hotel will accept CC, but what is the best place to convert money? At the airport or at the hotel? I plan to stay at an airport hotel.
I thought I might need some for food etc and save some for use upon return. Thanks.
<< merrygp >>
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:22 pm

There are a few ATMs and at least one bank in the mall/train station attached to the airport - that's probably your easiest bet. It's about a five minute walk from customs.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:58 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Executive Club Gold/Frequence Plus Red
If you already have cash in your hands, the best exchange you'll get at the airport is at the ticket counter of the Swiss Railways System (SBB) After getting your luggage, just follow the blue sign with a train on it. The SBB has the lowest fee for exchange (CHF 2.-) no matter how much you will want to change. The bank asks a minimum of CHF 5.-. Otherwise there are at least 6-8 ATM's in the airport and shopping mall.
Once in the city, there is a Heimatwerk shop that sells typical Swiss hand made crafts. For anything else, walk up the Bahnhofstrasse (right across the station) and just choose the shop yourself. For chocolates and different souvenirs, try the Jelmoli shop or Manor on the right handside of the street. They are large dept. stores.
For watches, the prices are the same for the different Swiss brands no matter which shop you buy at. Ritzy or not, so don't be put off by the luxury.
If you are into specialty chocolates and so on, walk up to the Sprüngli shop. Almost next to it you'll get wonderful cuban cigars...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.