Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Why No "Rome" in Travel&Dining:Featured Destinations Forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Just curious...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe there should be an Italy, but there are many more posts on Florence and Venice and the trains than on Rome.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:22 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Some of us tried to get a dedicated forum started before -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9641

Maybe it's time for another attempt?
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sk3
Some of us tried to get a dedicated forum started before -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9641

Maybe it's time for another attempt?
I vote "Si."
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by slawecki
Maybe there should be an Italy, but there are many more posts on Florence and Venice and the trains than on Rome.
Agreed. IMHO Rome is far from the most interesting or beautiful place to visit in Italy. I much prefer Florence, Venice, Siena, Orvieto, and countless small mountain towns.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You're not the first one to ask that question.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA, Delta, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Agreed. IMHO Rome is far from the most interesting or beautiful place to visit in Italy. I much prefer Florence, Venice, Siena, Orvieto, and countless small mountain towns.
Rome is an absolutely beautiful city with works of art from some of the finest sculptors the world has known right there in a piazza or street corner for all to see. The churches are many and their architecure brilliant, to say nothing of the paintings within. The museums are magnificent....the Borghese is an amazing gift of beauty. And there are several palaces with extensive art collections.....the palaces themselves spectacular. I haven't even mentioned the Vatican and St. Peter's,which is stunning both for its architecture as well as its sculpture. There is also the Colosseum and ancient Rome. And the restaurants, and the shopping.....I could go on and on. Small mountain towns are charming often with exquisite views and Florence also has an enormous collection of art and is indeed a beautiful city. But you could stay busy in Rome for days longer than other cities in Italy and it should have a place of its own for those who want to share what they have experience there.

Last edited by VA747; Jul 28, 2005 at 1:39 pm
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I also support an "Italy" board - look at how well the Scandanavia and the UK forums serve the interests of those parts of the Europeean continent. Italy is somewhat like those regions as it "orients" toward the Mediterranean, as opposed to the Continental European land mass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.