Wiki Posts
Search

Prague in November

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Prague in November

Hello everyone. I have surfed mulitple threads here and really want to know about Prague in the winter.

I've gotten so much great info about buys, places to stay, etc.

But would you please share about snow there? Skiing? Daytrips that may not require a car?
SHould we rent a car? I love to travel in the slow season but hope to see a lot while we are there!

Planning to stay Nov..13 to 18
Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Also, I meant to ask, should I push the trip off to between Thanskgiving and Christmas? Would there be more to do at that time of year?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:54 am
DKM

I visited Prague over Thanksgiving week, although it was 5-6 years ago. The main benefits of that time of year are far fewer crowds and better prices. The weather was cold (in the 30's) and snowy, so if that is off-putting - don't go. Otherwise I would definitely recommend it.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Prague in Winter

I've been to Prague twice in the winter (pre-Christmas) and just loved it. It's a wonderful city for walking, and off-season while still crowded with tourists is much less crowded. They tell me that in the summer the Charles bridge is wall-to-wall people, and I don't find that at all pleasurable.
The days are short, but Prague is a very walkable city, very safe after dark. I don't know as though I would want a car. We got around fine on the trains and buses to outlying areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.