Wiki Posts
Search

PRG Security

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
PRG Security

Well that was an interesting set up they have in Prague Airport.

Passport Control 1st then the Mastercard Lounge and finally Security by the actual gates - Terminal 1 at least.

I was dreading the last bit as there is no fast track at least for Gate 3 where my flight left from. Amazingly it all seemed to flow seamlessly.

Imagine if they tried it at LHR
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
My memories of Prague are from about 10 years ago when I (for a few months) needed to fly back and forth there for a project.
If the metal detector beeped they'd tell you to try going through again but to go faster. Wonder if they still take that approach?
I'd hope the speed you went through the metal detector wouldn't affect the detection capability so I wonder if they just made you do that so they wouldn't need to do a pat down if it was a random beep.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:59 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It's a very unfortunate legacy solution, mostly caused by the fact that both clean and not clean arrivals are mixing in the non-Schengen terminal (the Schengen terminal has a central security with fast track).

There are plans to change the entire terminal setup at PRG, which should also include central security for non-Schengen flights (which will then be handled at both T1 and T2) but it's gonna take a few years.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Reminds me of AMS which has had this set up until 2011 or 2012 (for Non-Schengen flights at least). Of course it’s not efficient but I think there are two main pros to this: Added security because less interaction and mixing of pax between screening and boarding, and: a lot less complexity (=cost) in running “airside” provisions such as shops and restaurants.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
a lot less complexity (=cost) in running “airside” provisions such as shops and restaurants.
Except you need to use a sealed bag for every single liquid item passenger buys, even if they're flying nonstop, or buying something small like a bottle of water for their flight.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:45 pm

Wasn't at least a part of TXL setup this way?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:33 pm

Does PRG offer Fast Lane Acces for KLM SkyElite Plus members? Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.