Wiki Posts
Search

Where to stay for two nights in Geneva next month

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Platinum
Where to stay for two nights in Geneva next month

Wife and I will be concluding a 2+ week ski trip to the Swiss and French Alps next month with a couple of nights Wednesday-Thursday in Geneva (No we aren't loaded, we have a neighbor who has a condo outside of Moutiers that we're going to stay with).
We'll be departing on a 7am flight on a Friday, so we're unsure of how to weigh the convenience of being in the center of the city (either right or left bank, though I'd guess I'd give an edge to left bank/Old Town?) for the first day and and a half vs. the convenience of staying out by the airport at the Marriott and taking an easy shuttle.
FWIW: we'll have a couple of days in Lucerne at the front end of the trip for our other experience of urban-ish Switzerland. We're bringing our own ski gear, so fitting it all into a taxi might be a challenge? Arriving from dropping off our rental car back at the airport.
Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:06 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I think you need to provide some kind of a budget idea for your nights in GVA? There is no need to stay near the airport. The trains start operating early enough and they have "night" buses to the airport. I assume your 7am flight is to a destination in Europe first? ie short haul?
Staying on the right bank is easier, there are not many options on the left bank, besides some smaller hotels.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I think you need to provide some kind of a budget idea for your nights in GVA? There is no need to stay near the airport. The trains start operating early enough and they have "night" buses to the airport. I assume your 7am flight is to a destination in Europe first? ie short haul?
Staying on the right bank is easier, there are not many options on the left bank, besides some smaller hotels.
Yeah, the 7am is just up to FRA to connect home. I was thinking 300-400 USD/night? Nothing extravagant. I could also burn bonvoy points for the Ritz-Carlton, but that doesn’t seem like a great redemption value. The President Wilson is kind of distant from anything we’d be interested in. Fwiw, I’m not beholden to the Marriott program and was just curious if anyone had any favorites, etc.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Probably too late for you, but as mentioned upthread, there's no need to stay by the airport. Marriott is in a brand new (and deserted) office park so I'd highly recommend against it. CitizenM has great location but the rooms are tiny. A good compromise may be Hotel Suisse, right opposite the train station. A train (or bus) will get you to the airport in about 10 minutes and will start around 5am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.