Community
Wiki Posts
Search

car rental at Geneva airport

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

car rental at Geneva airport

Looked into this and it is total confusion. You can rent fom the Swiss side, the French side ( we will be driving in France only) or the car rental center. The prices from the car rental center are about 40% less that from the terminal. What is the downside of using the car rental center? Is there a shuttle bus or a short walk.
Thanks
Old May 9, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: Some...
I don't recall any car renting center in GVA. There are the swiss side and the french side of course. But nothing more.
If renting from the swiss side, rental desk are in the main building and you'll have to take a free bus (or walk) to the parking lot. But, afaik, there isn't rental (cheaper) desks over there.

Unless you speak of rental agencies away from the airport. As it is often the case in any airport, it's probably cheaper indeed. but you have to get there on your own.

If you arrive from France, renting on the french side is simpler (but be aware that they do not guarantee that the cars will have the swiss "vignette"; on the swiss side, it is guaranteed).

Now, if you really want to make it cheaper as possible, the best option is to rent a car from Carrefour at Ferney Voltaire. They will be much cheaper than any rental agencies (and the last time I rented a car overthere, in 2021, they told me that they always have the swiss vignette). Take a Uber to get there from the airport and you will save a lot of money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.