Transit at Geneva Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit at Geneva Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Last Month I arrived in the Swiss sector from the US, and went to the French sector to pick up my rental car. (Aside: it was a ripoff as all rental cars are, always -- 'oh you wanted Winter tires? We only have Summer tires or we have this other luxury car with AWD' -- but the same rental was about 30% cheaper to pick up in France vs Swiss side.) I had to show a boarding pass from my inbound flight (with current date - he asked to see that specifically) to transit through to the French side.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 3:54 pm

Hello, I booked a trip with Swiss (one ticket), business class, CDG to GVA codeshare operated by AF then LX GVA to JFK. Then I noticed that the connection time is… 40 minutes. Any chance I can make it? I likely will check a bag in to make things more fun. Should I just wait or call them and suggest they rebook me with a more reasonable connection time, would they even accept to do this without charging a fare difference? The trip is in two months. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:22 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This is a tight, but legal connection, and it is feasible in GVA if your inbound flight is on time.

Unless the flight schedule changes, it is highly unlikely the airline will let you rebook for free. Caveat emptor.
af fp likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 6:33 am

Hmmm, I love AF but would not rely on them to be on time. On the other hand I do not have a real time constraint, in the worst case I will work remotely for a day in a hotel paid for by Swiss and send them my restaurant bills. Otherwise they will reroute me and I will get more miles. Fine.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K
flying TUN-GVA-MAD in a couple of weeks. In GVA, Will I have to exit the secure area to head to the Schengen area of the airport? If no, after passport control, will i have to go through another security screening?

Seems IB flies out of the A gates. Not sure which terminal NouvelAir flies into. Not checking in aa bag.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
1) The Schengen area is very much inside the "secure area" (airside)
2) Yes, transfer security is required.
3) normally B
atcanobbio likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.