Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG flight AF 159 Connecting to AF 1532

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:52 am
Original Poster

CDG flight AF 159 Connecting to AF 1532

Hi! I'm getting nervous about an upcoming flight that has a 1 hour connection at CDG. The incoming Long Haul flight is continually late recently and misses the connection flight that it was booked with. I'm curious if anyone knows what they are doing with people who are late? Is there another flight AF is putting people on?
DFW to CDG to Athens Greece
I originally thought that they would hold the second flight since these were booked as a set, booksetboo"one" flight but then I started noticing that the first flight coming late and the second flight leaving on time so I'm getting really nervous about what's going to happen. I guess there's not that many people that's connecting enough for them to hold the second flight I don't know. Any advice would be great

Last edited by Mitkeu3; Aug 23, 2022 at 2:15 pm Reason: Addinfo
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
They won't hold the 2nd flight unless it's for 5 min or half of pax are coming from your delayed incoming flight. This is for obvious reasons : you delay all the other pax and the return flight will be delayed as well and many people will miss their connection in CDG. You lay also lose your slot and be heavily delayed as a consequence. They have more flexibility for holding a flight when it's the last of the day and the plane overnights at the outstation; But this is not your case.

If you misconnect, you'll be rebooked on the next available flight to ATH. If the DFW flight is on-time or slightly delayed, the connection is doable. Of course, no time for toilets, shopping, lounge, etc.

PS : you'd better ask that kind of question in the Flying Blue forum / AF sub-forum. You can ask the Moderator to move the thread there.
Mitkeu3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.