Wiki Posts
Search

Greece entry requirements -US Citizens, COVID, ETIAS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Greece entry requirements -US Citizens, COVID, ETIAS

My first trip out of the country, a little apprehensive. I looked up the entry requirements and am slightly confused.

1. COVID: need full vaccination. No other requirements. Might be wrong but not confused.
2. Visa: US Citizens do not need visa for up 90 days as a tourist according to US State Department website and UA website. But.. Greece consulate website mentioned ETIAS required. Is it required?

Our route is IAH-FRA-ATH+2 hours-SKG. It has been reported on FT that transiting through Frankfurt especially to Gate A’s have not been easy. I want all my ducks in row to ease the transit. We also going onwards from ATH to Thessaloniki with a separate ticket and 2 hour connection time. So really want the entry to Greece or EU trouble free.

thanks for the help.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
1. No regulations for Greece per https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php However, your first point of entry is Germany, so their rules apply. They also have no restrictions.
2. ETIAS will not be operational until 2022.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:18 pm

In theory everything you write should be non-problematic. BUT... if your trip is planned for this summer, be aware that many flights, both in Europe and TA, are heavily delayed. This may be create a problem with your domestic flights, especially since this is on a separate ticket. I'd suggest you re-book that one choosing a flight leaving a couple of hours, or so, later.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
1. No regulations for Greece per https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php However, your first point of entry is Germany, so their rules apply. They also have no restrictions.
2. ETIAS will not be operational until 2022.
We are in 2022.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I meant 2023. The current estimate is end of 2023.
Ilove2fly likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
As rightly said, Greece and Germany (except from China) have no COVID restrictions for entry. So no certificates, tests etc. In Europe, the only large countries that retain any restrictions are Spain and Netherlands. Entry rules are quite straightforward now. The flying itself less so. It is wise to have a backup plan to cover delays and cancellations.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As others have mentioned it will probably be the current situation with airlines/airports that might cause issues.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Transit passenger are excluded from all COIVD related regulations in Germany but at the moment there are no restrictions anyway. ETIAS is due to become operational by the end of 2023. And even this is not clear.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I will rebook my domestic flight. Leave a longer layover. Thanks for the reassurance on the ETIAS. i was hoping to change my flight to fly directly to SKG but the price difference is over $2000. I had good buz fare to ATH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.