Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH night Layover

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is the tram free? I booked the Ibis Budget bc we’ve got a kid with us and that third person really makes most prices go up significantly.
No, the tram is not free, it will cost you CHF 4.60 each way and you can buy the ticket at the machine right at the tram stop. Credit card and contactless are accepted. It's quite easy.

If you prefer doing everything with your cell phone, I recommend you download the Fairtiq app. You can also create an account without a Swiss residency. It's a "swipe on / swipe off" kind of thing, where you swipe to start the trip before getting on any Swiss public transport, and swipe again to stop the trip. At the end of the day, the correct amount will automatically be billed to your credit card.

Here's the app: https://fairtiq.com/en/
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by manuswiss
No, the tram is not free, it will cost you CHF 4.60 each way and you can buy the ticket at the machine right at the tram stop. Credit card and contactless are accepted. It's quite easy.

If you prefer doing everything with your cell phone, I recommend you download the Fairtiq app. You can also create an account without a Swiss residency. It's a "swipe on / swipe off" kind of thing, where you swipe to start the trip before getting on any Swiss public transport, and swipe again to stop the trip. At the end of the day, the correct amount will automatically be billed to your credit card.

Here's the app: https://fairtiq.com/en/
Oh, thanks for that tip re the app. I'm wondering if taxi would be cheaper bc we're 3 people. Not that $30 is all that much, but as prices start to inch up I'm also thinking about the price difference with the Hyatt Place and Radisson Blu which would be walkable.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:15 am

Programs: Miles & More
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Oh, thanks for that tip re the app. I'm wondering if taxi would be cheaper bc we're 3 people. Not that $30 is all that much, but as prices start to inch up I'm also thinking about the price difference with the Hyatt Place and Radisson Blu which would be walkable.
You're welcome! Rule of thumb, even if you are 3 people, never take a taxi. They are unfriendly and insanely expensive. Public transport is so good here that taxis basically have no reason to exist, unless you have to drive in the middle of nowhere. If anything, then get Uber, but not a regular taxi, ever.

Keep in mind, kids up to 5 years old travel for free on public transport, and up to 15 they pay half the price (CHF 2.40 instead of 4.60).

And yes, the Hyatt and the Radisson Blu are walkable as they are basically inside the airport (the Radisson is inside, the Hyatt is in a building just nearby) so it takes you just minutes to get there. They can be about 2-3x as expensive as the Ibis Budget though, so make sure you check your prices well.
Markie and Stgermainparis like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.