Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Greece: Olympic Air versus Sky Express (ATH-JNX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus

Hello,
We’re flying this route in August. Flight times / cost and baggage allowance is the same, so too is the aircraft type. Is there any discernible difference between either of these airlines in terms of service / on time reliability? It’s only a 40 minute flight so perhaps opportunities to differentiate are limited! Any experience/ views would be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
ferg01
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ferg01
Hello,
We’re flying this route in August. Flight times / cost and baggage allowance is the same, so too is the aircraft type. Is there any discernible difference between either of these airlines in terms of service / on time reliability? It’s only a 40 minute flight so perhaps opportunities to differentiate are limited! Any experience/ views would be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
ferg01
I think the going consensus is that Aegean and Olympic ( one airline now ) and Sky Express are all pretty much the same. Reliable transportation around Greece and you pick by the convenience of schedule and price.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Yup, makes sense. Thanks for quick response.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:13 pm

Until the pandemic Sky Express was including lounge access to all passengers for free. Do they still do? I doubt it...
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Until the pandemic Sky Express was including lounge access to all passengers for free. Do they still do? I doubt it...
Yes, I went with SkyExpress. Both Fast Track and Lounge Access are included. Whether they apply on the day due to any CV19 restrictions remains to be seen! Expectations are set very low in any case!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I have flown SkyExpress once, and interestingly to JNX, because the fare was half than Olympic's. There was a lot of duct tape inside, lol...In general, A3/Olympic should be better. But for a 40 min flight, you will be fine...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: Aegean Miles&Bonus
Sky express now fly brand new aircraft to most destinations
they are becoming bigger and bigger every year
they are both fine (Aegean and Skyexpress)
ferg01 and nk15 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.