Search

Switzerland for those who got vaxxed over 12m ago

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:40 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Switzerland for those who got vaxxed over 12m ago

Today marks the one year anniversary of my vaccination. Is there any enforcement of the vaccination date? I remember reading somewhere that for some countries, they only recognize vaccinations from within the past 12 months.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Just get a booster, you need one anyways
KLouis and farci like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
The Swiss covid certificate is only valid 365 days after most recent shot. I got my booster 12/14 pass valid through 12/13/22.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by AS MHT
The Swiss covid certificate is only valid 365 days after most recent shot. I got my booster 12/14 pass valid through 12/13/22.
Thank you!
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I just got my booster last week. They don't renew the current certificate, but I got a link to the new certificate minutes after the booster via SMS. This is Canton Zürich though, your milage may vary.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by AS MHT
I am on the same boat, though with the new Swiss regulation with 2g+(access to bars) being 120 days from your last vaccine, it sounds like most people would require a negative test?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:30 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
The validity of the pass should change soon from a year to only 9 months, to adjust to the EU regulations. This has been proposed by the OFSP (health ministry) to the cantons, which should be making a decision on Monday I think. If it's accepted, it should be effective as of February 1st, 2022.

Not sure yet how this will work out for those who haevn't gotten the booster. Will the existing pass validity be reduced? Or will it only be applied to passes issued as of Feb 1st? I'm guessing the second.

And yes, when you get the booster, the admin nurse usually asks you to stay and makes you scan the new QR code so you'll get a new pass. The old one can be deleted.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:20 am

Do you know what qualifies as a "negative test" to be 2g+ if my booster was not done in the preceding 120 days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.