Reload this Page >

Daily COVID Testing for Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daily COVID Testing for Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
You can get an EU vaccine card online from Switzerland fairly easily with just a CDC vaccine card. Depending on which options you select, it's either free or 30CHF. https://www.covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
CDC cards ARE accepted in the Netherlands and have been accepted for several months.

Americans have been visiting the Netherlands (and other places in Europe) showing only their CDC cards with little or no issues. Not sure why you think it's a major problem.

.If you aren't coming until next summer then don't worry about this until next year.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
CDC cards ARE accepted in the Netherlands and have been accepted for several months.
HI
Just checking that this still correct, as with the new partial lockdown I wonder if they've gotten more strict?
Going to AMS from London tomorrow, and deciding whether to book daily tests. I have a USA passport and CDC card.

THanks!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by StingWest
HI
Just checking that this still correct, as with the new partial lockdown I wonder if they've gotten more strict?
Going to AMS from London tomorrow, and deciding whether to book daily tests. I have a USA passport and CDC card.

THanks!
The CDC card should be enough. I will be arriving there Tuesday so we will see but I am not expecting any problem. In any case, you don’t need to pre-book the tests..

Last edited by dlffla; Nov 21, 2021 at 1:56 am Reason: Correct spelling
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:19 am
Original Poster

I arrived in Amsterdam this morning, flying in from Atlanta. The Dutch immigration official never asked to see my CDC card nor did the hotel when I checked in. When I came down to the executive lounge for a drink, they did ask to see my CDC card. In speaking with the hotel staff, everyone is now accepting the CDC card. Nobody is asking for a QR code from Americans.

Last edited by dlffla; Nov 23, 2021 at 10:21 am Reason: Misspelling
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From Sunday Netherlands basically shutting down from 5pm to 5am other than essential services (allowed to remain open until 8pm)

https://nltimes.nl/2021/11/26/full-l...ng-november-28
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:54 am
Original Poster

From Sunday Netherlands basically shutting down from 5pm to 5am other than essential services (allowed to remain open until 8pm)

https://nltimes.nl/2021/11/26/full-l...ng-november-28
Golly gee, that’s going to kill happy hour in the little corner set aside for the executive lounge at the Schiphol Airport Hilton. This is totally ridiculous—COVID is not less contagious before 5 PM. Regardless, anyone who has to be in the Netherlands on business as I just was, you can still get takeout after five and get room service for those hotels that offer it.
JaysonW likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You need to check the attitude and follow the Dutch rules.

Was chatting to a friend of mine in Amsterdam on Saturday evening. The only people who seem to have an issue with the Dutch rules were Americans.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:28 am
Original Poster

You need to check the attitude and follow the Dutch rules.

Was chatting to a friend of mine in Amsterdam on Saturday evening. The only people who seem to have an issue with the Dutch rules were Americans.
LOL. Gotta thing against Americans or just against analytical thinking? Calm down.
JaysonW likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:55 am

The only people who seem to have an issue with the Dutch rules were Americans.
Absolutely, 100% false statement. Incredible why some people feel it’s important for them to create falsehoods. Please provide some verifiable documentation to prove your statement. Alleged conversations with friends don’t count as proof. SHEESH!!

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ng-2021-11-21/
Antonio8069, JaysonW and dlffla like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:56 pm

Sorry for the spam but I have a trip (booked months ago) to the Netherlands over Christmas. Is the procedure that I just walk into a place and if I am asked to scan something, I whip out my CDC card? There isn't anything else I need to do? Is it possible to get the digital cert at all somehow? Trip includes time first in LUX and BRU.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Sorry for the spam but I have a trip (booked months ago) to the Netherlands over Christmas. Is the procedure that I just walk into a place and if I am asked to scan something, I whip out my CDC card? There isn't anything else I need to do? Is it possible to get the digital cert at all somehow? Trip includes time first in LUX and BRU.
All you need do is show your CDC card along with your passport. It is simple. You are not eligible for the European QR cert nor do you need it. I did have the digital certificate from within Brussels but that is not for use outside of Brussels. In both Germany and the Netherlands, they wanted to see the CDC card.

Last edited by dlffla; Dec 6, 2021 at 1:42 am Reason: Added info about Brussels
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by downinit
Have you tried to scan the BE QR code into another country's app? The AntiCovid app from France is fairly simple and straightforward. Attempt to scan the QR with that app and see what the French pass says about expiration dates and validity. You could also try CovPass (DE) or Covid Cert (CH). Any of these passes would be accepted all over Europe.
I just tried that. Applied for and got the Belgian code, used the French TAC Verif app to check the code. The result? "Non valide". So no, the Belgian one won't do it.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
testing was easy, Schilpol not so much

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Sorry for the spam but I have a trip (booked months ago) to the Netherlands over Christmas.There isn't anything else I need to do? Is it possible to get the digital cert at all somehow?
I was just in AMS. I agree with those FTs who say its easy. Yes, I had to get a daily antigen test. 15 minutes and the results were back before I returned to my hotel!
The PCR test req'd for rtn travel to CA (via USA) was also easy. 79 euros, 1/2 an hour, uploaded to the UA site for "Travel Ready" status.
My biggest issue is Schilpol. It looks nice - but -
- the signage is terrible;
- long walks to int'l gates;
- the PP lounge was hidden (43) and signs misleading "By Invitation Only"
What are the alternatives? BRU ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.