Wiki Posts
Search

US to Italy to VIE / covid test

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2021, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
US to Italy to VIE / covid test

Hi all, I am traveling from the US to Italy, staying in Italy for 8 days, and then traveling onwards to Vienna. I am a US citizen with a vaccine card. I want to confirm that I do not need to pre-register or do any Covid tests to enter Austria? That is what I found from my research but wanted to double check. Thank all!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Hi,

Flying to VIE through ZRH soon so I have looked into that topic.
Based on what I read at the VisitAustria web Austria Entry Regulations, Italy being a "Safe Country":
IF
you have spent the last 10 days in Italy BEFORE entering Austria
AND
You are vaccinated
THEN no test needed/no pre-clearance.

If your stay is 8 days in Italy, then IMHO I would think you would need to register for pre-clearance.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

But Austria does not require pre registration, no?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
We just flew AGP>VIE on Monday. No checks at Malaga airport but they did check for Vax status when we arrived. Nothing else needed for Austria other than a FFP2 mask. We went to Czechia for a day trip yesterday, nothing was checked going and coming back.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You'll show your CDC card at check-in for your flight to VIE and on arrival at VIE. We've had no issues anywhere. Great time to visit VIE, crowds are down, but everything is open.

As noted above, you'll need an N95 or KN95 mask. This includes on your flight into Austria.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
You'll show your CDC card at check-in for your flight to VIE and on arrival at VIE. We've had no issues anywhere. Great time to visit VIE, crowds are down, but everything is open.

As noted above, you'll need an N95 or KN95 mask. This includes on your flight into Austria.
Thanks!
N95 only required for flying into and out of Austria? Or flying into EU in general?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ChateauMargaux
Thanks!
N95 only required for flying into and out of Austria? Or flying into EU in general?
Austria. It may be a requirement in Germany as well.

And you can also use a KN95.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.