Swiss Covid Certificate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Covid Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
Are there any first hand confirmations that the Swiss certificate works for other EU countries? I will be traveling to The Netherlands in a couple days and would like confirmation before I cancel my daily testing appointments.
The whole point of an EU standard for passes is that one pass is good everywhere. The pass will certainly be accepted in NL and every other country participating in this program.

"You can travel to the Netherlands with a vaccination certificate from another EU country. This can be a digital or paper certificate. The vaccination certificate and the vaccine must meet the EU requirements."

CH is not technically part of the EU, but the COVID pass is part of the EU program.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by downinit
The whole point of an EU standard for passes is that one pass is good everywhere. The pass will certainly be accepted in NL and every other country participating in this program.

"You can travel to the Netherlands with a vaccination certificate from another EU country. This can be a digital or paper certificate. The vaccination certificate and the vaccine must meet the EU requirements."

CH is not technically part of the EU, but the COVID pass is part of the EU program.
The EU program is in principle open to any country that wants to participate. There are even already non European countries taking part.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
The EU program is in principle open to any country that wants to participate. There are even already non European countries taking part.
Correct, but the language I quoted from the NL website clearly specifies "from another EU country," which could certainly cause some confusion.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
I scanned my CH DCC in the NL app that restaurants etc use, and it cleared OK
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hi all -
I have already received my Moderna booster, so 3 shots. Fully vax is only 2 shots. What do I enter in the # of doses received and # of does required boxes? If I put "3 in the doses received box, I cannot enter "2" in the doses required box (error). Do I enter "3" and "3" or "2" and "2"?

Cheers
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:12 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I’m being asked what I will do when Swedish events ask for attendees to show proof of vaccination. I really want to keep showing what’s on my CDC card, but I’m also going to want to see how this will fly in Sweden with the Swiss, German and French “proof of vaccination” built upon the CDC cards.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: A bunch
Has anyone gotten the Swiss Covidpass from either Geneva or Basel? I got mine from Kanton Zurich, which supposedly is one of the easier ones. However, my family will be flying in to either Geneva or Basel and I’d like to pick the one that gives them the highest certainty with respect to obtaining the certificate. We will actually be staying in Luzern so that might be another possibility.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Hi all -
I have already received my Moderna booster, so 3 shots. Fully vax is only 2 shots. What do I enter in the # of doses received and # of does required boxes? If I put "3 in the doses received box, I cannot enter "2" in the doses required box (error). Do I enter "3" and "3" or "2" and "2"?

Cheers
I did 3 out of 3 and was issued a certificate with no problem
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
A couple of data points. I applied for Covid Certificate (Zurich) on Nov. 26 (Saturday) and received it on Nov. 27 (Sunday). GF applied on Nov. 27 (Sunday) and just received today (Dec. 5). Both using CDC cards.

Earlier in the November, I couldn't get the webform application to work in any browser, just generated a bunch of error messages and dead clicks.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Please note that as of Monday 12/6, in addition to your Covid Certificate, a negative PCR test within 72 hours is now required to enter Switzerland regardless of vaccination status.

AW
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:48 am

I applied for the certificate through this website https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat

When I got to the confirmation page, there was no green check mark and it just stated "TODO texte confirmation"

Does that mean I successfully submitted my application?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:50 pm

Created an account to give BIG thank yous to the contributors of this thread!

I was able to obtain certificates in approximately 6 business hours (Canton of Zurich) for myself and family members. We're visiting Portugal right now, and the Swiss QR codes are readable by the Portuguese verification apps. Well worth 30CHF each to save the time/cost/hassle of getting additional tests that one of my hotels was going to require upon check-in. (They specifically told me that they would not accept our paper CDC cards).

I did everything through the centralized website. For reference, my hotel reservation was in Zurich.

Greatly appreciated!
466SHH likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
Thought I would share my recent experience.

US resident, vaxxed and boosted.

Trip to Barcelona Dec 10-17.

Made a refundable hotel reservation near the Geneva airport. Applied for a certificate via the Geneva Canton site on November 28. Received a confirmation back from on Dec 1 via SMS. Downloaded the certificate to the Swiss app. Was prepared to pay a fee for the certificate, but I was not charged one. Started the process through the Swiss national site but was directed to the local Canton site to complete the process.

While in Spain I was asked to show my certificate at almost any indoor location. The Swiss certificate worked perfectly.

For my return I used the eMed rapid test using a telehealth proctor, worked fine.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:44 am

I see many posts about a hotel confirmation AND train/plane ticket when applying for the Swiss pass. In reading the directions it does not state you need both. So, has anyone received the pass with just uploading a hotel confirmation?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by theplayer
I see many posts about a hotel confirmation AND train/plane ticket when applying for the Swiss pass. In reading the directions it does not state you need both. So, has anyone received the pass with just uploading a hotel confirmation?
I only uploaded my hotel confirmation when I applied for one for my trip to Zurich.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.